World Natural Hair Show---2014

CurlyBuu

Hello Ladies!

I was just curious if anyone is going to this year's show. I will be attending as a vendor (first time :yep:) and I'm curious to know of your experiences there.

What did you like? Dislike? What should I expect and are you going to this year.

I am going. I think it's only natural for me to go since the Convention Center where it's held is only 20-25 minutes from me :lol:.

This will be my second year going. Year before last it was great, the venders were pretty good. I even met a few YouTubers. So if you are on YouTube, you will definitely meet some of them. Last year was just okay to me. Still fun, but the venders weren't as good IMO.

Never attended as a vender though. I'd love to visit your spot. What will you be selling?

I am going. I think it's only natural for me to go since the Convention Center where it's held is only 20-25 minutes from me :lol:.

This will be my second year going. Year before last it was great, the venders were pretty good. I even met a few YouTubers. So if you are on YouTube, you will definitely meet some of them. Last year was just okay to me. Still fun, but the venders weren't as good IMO.

Never attended as a vender though. I'd love to visit your spot. What will you be selling?

NaturallyATLPCH. I wanna go with you. I didn't wanna go alone. When is it again?

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

I'm going. I have attended the last 3 years. Last year I think it went a little down hill from the previous year as far as how many vendors were there so something told me they were going to raise the admission price for this year.

I am going. I think it's only natural for me to go since the Convention Center where it's held is only 20-25 minutes from me :lol:. This will be my second year going. Year before last it was great, the venders were pretty good. I even met a few YouTubers. So if you are on YouTube, you will definitely meet some of them. Last year was just okay to me. Still fun, but the venders weren't as good IMO. Never attended as a vender though. I'd love to visit your spot. What will you be selling?

I will be at booth 415 this year and will be selling natural hair apparel. Please stop by!

Did anyone go to the pre parties or after parties? The crowning competition? I would love to check those out and see some of the guest speakers.

Ooh! I'm extremely jelly! A lot of my e-sistahs will be meeting up and able to fellowship over natural hair products.

I want to go! Are you ladies going to get together for food and drinks etc.?

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Ooh! I'm extremely jelly! A lot of my e-sistahs will be meeting up and able to fellowship over natural hair products. I want to go! Are you ladies going to get together for food and drinks etc.? Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Like a meet up? That sounds like a great idea! I'd be down. This will be my first time to ATL so it would nice to be with someone who knows the area.

Wow I think I will go this year. I didn't realize there was one in NYC. Thanks for the link.

FroReal, sure, let's go! We should definitely have a meet up. I would love to go to the one in NY also but don't know if my funds will allow me. We will see.

I have never been to any of the other festivities before or after the show. Might check them out this fine.

CurlyBuu, I will definitely stop by and support you!

It's usually the last weekend in April. I think it's the 26 and 27.

Last edited:

^I totally agree. I don't even think Shea Moisture was there and they are ALWAYS there! My sister is a hair model for the Curls Brand and from what she said, the cost for booth space has gone up ALOT since 2-3 years ago. I figured that is why a lot of vendors didn't show up last year.

OP, my advice would be to get there early on Saturday. About an hour before it starts. The lines get pretty long. OR, purchase your tickets online (if they still have that option). Be sure to bring cash and get a list of the vendors (they pass those out at the door) to make yourself a 'shopping list'. I went one year, ran out of money, and saw that I missed a couple of vendors that I really wanted to try. Have fun!

I usually go. I hope there are more vendors this time. I agree about the lack of people. I was looking for Bask and some other vendors. It was a no go. Also the sponsor has moved to NY and i bet theres going to be a lot more changes. If admission goes up that much I will just order online.

I want to go. Can anyone tell me what vendors usually attend? If I'm flying out to NY I need to know if it will be worth my time/money.

I would go if
A) I wasn't gonna be full term that day
B) it was blazing hot summer time heat wave status in NY
C) it wasn't the weekend of my shower
D) The last natural event in Chelsea wasn't so unorganized and people couldn't get in.
E) it wasn't in Times Square, every New Yorkers nightmare

With all that said, I'm still plotting a way to go :nono: the Marriott is a beautiful hotel and they have a Starbucks in there. Yes, I am that Type of NYer people!

Last edited:
I want to go. Can anyone tell me what vendors usually attend? If I'm flying out to NY I need to know if it will be worth my time/money.

Check the site frequently. They usually have a list of venders that will be there. Now just because they are listed doesn't mean they will actually be there. But I can tell you Jane Carter and Oyin are usually there every year. :grin:

So the show is over. I was pretty disappointed with the turn out and the overall flow of it. I heard a lot of people say that the years before were so much better. Vendors and guest, can you guys give me your thoughts on the show as a whole?

What was the discount on the camille rose products?

In fact what was the general discounts on most products e.g a few dollars here and there or some real bargains?

Yea the attendance was definitely down. They were trying to hide the fact that there weren't alot of vendors by having huge booths and space areas for some of the more well known vendors. They had one of those bouncing things and rock climbing structures for the kids in areas where vendors have been in the past. Camille Rose had the best deal imo..10.00 for everything except body products which were 5.00. I heard Alikay and Oyin didn't offer any discounts at all. Entwine had a pretty good deal too with a package costing 45.00 including a few full size products and a good size bottle of the leave in and a couple of other things.

ETA: I just looked at my Entwine package and it has 8 oz sizes of the Butter Creme Hydrator, Creme Jelle styler and leave in. The hydrator and styler are 28.99 on the website so that package was a real good deal. There is an Argan Oil in there too and I think that isn't that cheap either.

Last edited:
How strange, they usually have such high numbers but I think this time around it didn't break 10k. I wonder if it had anything to do with the New York show they added. I also heard that they didn't advertise until like a week in advance.

How strange, they usually have such high numbers but I think this time around it didn't break 10k. I wonder if it had anything to do with the New York show they added. I also heard that they didn't advertise until like a week in advance.

I do think alot of people might be holding out for the NY show just for something different but traveling to NY will probably cost triple than it would be to Atlanta. If I go to the NY one it will only be for a day trip. I am not paying those outrageous prices for a hotel room. They have been advertising the show for a few months now. I just think it's going down hill.

Back