Woo Hoo...I GOT IT!

Dymmeonds

Woo Hoo...I GOT IT! UPDATED: NEED HELP!!

I am soo excited! I got my first order of Mega Tek in the mail today ...and it smells like coconuts, which is great so it will cover the scent of the Mahabhringraj oil (:nono:).....Woo Hoo :yay::woot::yay::woot::yay::woot::band:

P.S. Any tips for a good daily moisturizer for relaxed hair to combat any dryness I may get from the Mega Tek?

Thanks a million in advance!

Soo I applied MT and Mahabhringraj Tail last night and by mid-day today my roots felt like nothing I had ever felt before! They were so coarse! I am SURE I need some other moisture to this mixture! Any suggestions? I am thinking about adding a little coconut oil, but I don't want to put too much oil on my relaxed hair for it to look greasy.

Last edited:
Shoot, I like the way my mahabhringaraj smells! lol. I found that combo left my hair very soft. I now use HS 14 in 1 or Hairveda's whipped cream daily, but I don't wear my hair straight, so I don't know how much this helps you.

I found that combo left my hair very soft.

So you think I should be safe with just the Mahabhringraj and Mega Tek? I have heard that the Mega Tek can make your hair brittle...and I don't want that...:nono::nono::nono:

I wrap my hair every night and wear it straight out during the days so I need to make sure my roots don't go brillo on me...:spinning:

So you think I should be safe with just the Mahabhringraj and Mega Tek? I have heard that the Mega Tek can make your hair brittle...and I don't want that...:nono::nono::nono:

I wrap my hair every night and wear it straight out during the days so I need to make sure my roots don't go brillo on me...:spinning:

It works for me! I have the green Pune kind from India.
Maybe you could just try it for a little while and see what happens. MT users sometimes have to toy around with mixtures for a while before getting it right. I just got OCT and I'm using that straight....just make sure I moisturize before and lightly after and seal.
Good luck!

Congrats and happy hair growing!

I am not relaxed but I make sure that I deep condition my hair after MT either with heat or keep ORS on my hair for an hour under a plastic cap. Then I rinse out the ORS and apply a 5 minute moisturizing conditioner on my hair then rinse some of it out, and leaving some in to help with smoothing the cuticle and detangling. I then apply sweet almond oil on my hair with some Cantu then seal my ends with Castor oil. Hair is easier to comb, soft and fluffy.

Back