Wondering about Mahabhringraj Tail.....

Angkin73

I got this oil last month, and it has a very bad old grease smell. I was was reading on another site about the shelf life of Vatika oil and thought I would check the date of this one. 10/05!!!!:pullhair:

Oh My Gosh, no wonder it smells so bad. I didn't use any by itself. I did mix some in shea butter, but the smell was still so strong. I was scared to put alot of EO's in it to cover the smell, for fear of toxic poisoning.:lachen:

Anyway, I guess I'll just chuck it out.I guess you live and you learn. I know I won't be ordering any more indian oils on line:nono:, I will just make my own.

Just wanted to share this info, Check them indian oils ladies.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I hate to mention where I got it, cause it seems to be a pretty popular site in here. So, I don't know. The smell is very bad, it is very hard to get rid of.

I think the shelf life for Indian Oils is 2 years, but I could be wrong. However, that would still make your oil old since it was manufactured in 05. A lot of Indian Oils list the manufacture date versus the expiration date.

Maybe you should contact the company where you purchased it and let them know they sent you old product. It would be great customer service on their part if they are willing to replace it.

Hi :wave:

It was probably the mfg, mfd (manufacturing, manufactured) date - Indian oils have a shelf life of 3 years, so you have until October 2008. Most of the oils I have used don't have that great of a smell; I just ignore it, especially when it comes to hair growth :look:

But if yours smells like death on a hot plate, you might want to contact the site you ordered it from.

Back