WL 2011

I'm not sure if I'm going to make it ladies. I have hit a plateau but I plan on buying some OCT really soon, like hopefully this week. Haven't bought any Mega-Tek all year and I need to start back on my vitamins. I plan to have someone take a lenght check pic for me, maybe tonight when I wash my hair.

Well IDK ladies, but it may be some hope. I did get a bit of a trim back in December but it's back to MBL now. The updated pic is in my fotki 2011 album. Maybe you all can tell me if I can make it WL by December with no more trims/setbacks. I hit that plateau so that has a lot to do it. That and not taking my vitamins. But hopefully OCT and some horsetail and nettle oil I'm making will change that.

Let me know what you think, please. Really want that WL!

Well IDK ladies, but it may be some hope. I did get a bit of a trim back in December but it's back to MBL now. The updated pic is in my fotki 2011 album. Maybe you all can tell me if I can make it WL by December with no more trims/setbacks. I hit that plateau so that has a lot to do it. That and not taking my vitamins. But hopefully OCT and some horsetail and nettle oil I'm making will change that.

Let me know what you think, please. Really want that WL!

It could be the angle but it looks like u can make WL to me.:yep:

Checking in. Still trying to get to Full thick WL. Currently in a weave install. Its been in for 7wks, I plan on takng it down either July 31st(10wks) or Aug 15th(12wks). Then I'll be doing a length check. I'm excited!

@Janet' I can't wait to see your updates today. (I just checked out your braided ponytail updates and I like that style I think I might try that when I take my install down. It's really cute!)

Last edited:
Relaxer update - relaxed on June 30 @ 16 weeks post. I'm 3 inches to WL! I'm in the HYH challenge and pray I'll be revealing WL hair in December. And I'm stretching my relaxer til December also.

Ok enough talking

ETA pic
a6890cb1-3c53-b2a8.jpg

:yay:Wow Southernbella, you are so close!!!:yay: Your hair looks amazing as always! Thanks for sharing your pics with us too! Now I can head off to bed for happy hair dreams, LOL!:bouncy:

its SO HOT. Humidity really has be on some "big hair, don't care" swag. lol. i did a real wash n' go today with just conditioner and oil after "drying" in a microfiber towel. I loved it. It got big, but was still cute. The braids had to go. I need to cowash like daily because of all the sweating I am doing. So its mostly a low bun under my hats now. Still waiting on those inches..lol

Just checking in. I'm in cornrows (w/ no extensions) b/c got tired of fighting the new growth (13 weeks post) and for low mani style. I'm trying to go 2 weeks but dying to wash at 1 week just b/c I want to.

Hi ladies.................

Well I gave myself bangs for my husband (he loves it!!!, I guess it's a different look for him since I wear my hair in a bun 99% of the time). However, it really is too hot for bangs so I will only wear it out when I see him which is every 3 weeks for now.

I gave myself another 2-3 inch trim/cut as I try to rectify some of the damage from my illness and hospital stint.

I'm now paying more attention to my hair............I need to get back on top of my game with my DCs though.

I love the hair updates, keep em coming ladies.

exubah :congrats: on your marriage!!!! I just know that you will reach WL by the end of the year!!!

ShawnC and Southernbella. Both of you ladies are so close!!! I see WL in your future!!!!

I'm going to get a darker color over my blonde ends and hopefully I'll start retaining again...Gotta switch it up in the name of length!

Last edited:
This heat damage I have is killing me. I don't see myself making WL this year. I need to cut 2-3 inches. I am trying to do the whole "cut and inch grow an inch" system

Congrats to everybody "inching" in on their goals!!!!!

I'm wearing my box braids faithfully this summer. I had them for 20 days the first time I wore them and noticed a huge amount of retention. I've had my current set in for 12 days so far. I'm going all the way to the last day of July hopefully.

Enough rambling. I'd say I'm roughly 3-2.5 inches away. I'm starting to think that I can reach WL before 12/11!! :pray:

Ladies - i've reach a stalling point. i keep getting split ends and SSKs! I rarely use heat so I don't know why this keeps happening and I just had a severe haircut a month ago!!! :(

how do you all prevents plit ends? i'm posting this in my 2 challenge forums hoping someone has some tips or answers on how they prevent split ends!!

Hi Ladies ... it is too hot indeed so I've been keeping my hair in mini twists, my results so far have been great I already see my hair getting thicker now I'm just waiting for length.

Congrats to all the ladies that are so close to their goals, LaVgirl & Jasmineml both of you look like wl to me already :)

wyldcurlz: Have you tried baggy'ing your ends? Maybe you could baggy the ends and hide it inside your bun .. I see your hair is bsl so you should be able to do this with your own hair if you don't want to wear a fake bun. How have you been styling your hair?

Back