Will Quick-Weaves Damage My Hair?

LaShanne

I just bought/wore my first quick-weave today which I really liked, but when I took it off this evening my edges/nape felt sore. Did I put it on wrong? Is there a way to put these in without damaging my hair? I want to add insta-weaves to my list of protective styles, but if its going to ruin my hard work, forget about it!

Also, it was a curly weave so I wore a headband where it started. Do I have to curl my real hair to successfully blend? Am I stuck with either headbands or straight quick-weaves? Thanks!

Be careful of quick weaves. You have to remove them properly for them not to be damaging, which is very gentle and careful. Sally's beauty supply sells a glue remove in a white bottle with red writing. I can't remember the name, but it is very good. If you remove a quick weave improperly, you can damage your hair and in some cases pull it out completely. When removing a quick weave, be very patient and GENTLE. But if properly removed, a quick weave can be used as a protective style.

Ummm, are you talking about glue or the ponies? If it's glue then leave it alone.There is to much risk in it if you ask me. Pony tails can be damaging if you wear them to much or constatly stress your hair in the same place.

I think she's talking about a half wig y'all. Yours may be too tight, which is why it feels sore. Once you've worn it for a while it should loosen up though. My head is on the big side and I cover all my hair up with mine so I try to buy the ones that have the drawstring in them so they don't feel tight.

I think she's talking about a half wig y'all. Yours may be too tight, which is why it feels sore. Once you've worn it for a while it should loosen up though. My head is on the big side and I cover all my hair up with mine so I try to buy the ones that have the drawstring in them so they don't feel tight.

yeah, I was talking about the half wigs. I thought these types were meant to have hair showing in the front? Are you wearing the ones with bangs?

yeah, I was talking about the half wigs. I thought these types were meant to have hair showing in the front? Are you wearing the ones with bangs?

No... The ones with the bangs look too wiggy to me. They are meant to have hair showing in the front but I'm natural and there's no way my hair is going to blend. So it's just easier to cover all my hair and wear a headband. When I was relaxed I did wear my hair out in the front.

No... The ones with the bangs look too wiggy to me. They are meant to have hair showing in the front but I'm natural and there's no way my hair is going to blend. So it's just easier to cover all my hair and wear a headband. When I was relaxed I did wear my hair out in the front.
I do the same thing w/my quick weaves, I have to wear a head band w/them. Maybe the combs were poking your skin. I usually braid the back of my hair leave couple of inches out and secure the quick weave. I us some bobby pins to help secure it also.

I leave hair out in the front to blend. I usually wear curly wigs and use flexirods on my hair to blend the 2.

Back