Will my hair be ok with my sew in like this?

glamgal198

My sew in is off the chain, but i'm kinda worried because the girl who did it, did not use any braiding hair when she was braiding my hair. Is this ok? She swore up in down i need to chill, but i thought you were supposed to braid braiding hair into your hair before sewing in the weave. I don't want to take this out, but if my hair is gonna be damaged, it's gotta go!

It'll be alright. The extra hair just holds the braids together longer. When I do my own I don't use it and my hair is fine.

I've never had a sew-in, but I think it would be fine if you take care of the hair underneath the weave. I'm pretty sure our resident weave divas can give you more info, but I don't recall ever hearing that you "had" to use braiding hair for your braids before the weave was put in.

I have sew in weave right now and this time & every time i put one it.. my hair is braided regular.. it keeps me from having to take it out quickly because of the itching and i can moisturize my hair directly

You'll be okay. On my last install the weaver braided down my own hair because my hair is fairly long (not by LCHF standard) and after 3 1/2 months my hair was very thick after taking out the weave. Just make sure you wash, and moisturize your hair underneath the install and you'll be cool.

I was always told that they only use extra hair if the persons hair is short to add extra strength to the hair. My hair is kinda long so they never use extra hair.

luvmesumhair said:
I was always told that they only use extra hair if the persons hair is short to add extra strength to the hair. My hair is kinda long so they never use extra hair.
I agree. This is what I had always believed. still do. :look:

Back