Will Have One Chance,Need Your Brains

Chyli

Hi,

Have a doc’s appt. in NYC Friday and will have the opportunity to get to a Supply Shop.
Know where I can pick up products bet.116th.st and 96th. St? I want to stay as far east as I can, the Hospital is in the 70,s and York.Ave.

I need your help in best product choice; I plan to give myself a relaxer if I cannot find someone to do for me. My hair is mostly natural 4a/4b just a few strands of previous relaxed hair holdin on the top. From hair on my shoulders
swearing.gif
to barely touching my chin on the sides. Toward the back of my head, hair reaches to the bottom of my neck. I don’t know how much has grown these are est. when I stretch it away from my scalp. My biggest issue is my hairline; it is thin in the temple areas.

Braids gave me headache, wigs are to hot and sick of wearing head wraps, tried an Afro shrinks to my head (bed head)
frown.gif
. If I can manage to it relaxed, it may be just long enough to put on a ponytail (wishing).
Are weaves hot to wear? Hot humid weather can become difficult for me, having MS I always end up passing out.
. I can sit under a hair dryer in an air condition environment. (Always something to work with)
grin.gif

I will need everything from soup to nuts. I have plenty of products and just placed an order for EO and carrier oils. have rubber gloves, rollers long bobby pin and short clips, hair net, satin scarf and (need a seamless comb and perhaps longer hair clips to hold rollers) a aloe plant growing plump if it has a use; please let me know.
The one product I can think of needing besides the relaxer is a setting lotion or gel?

I am not looking for“professional” advice nor would I hold anyone responsible for using a suggestion.
Feel I rarely get a response because of disability, or?. Would really appreciate a candid response; I have about an hour to shop on Friday.Hey, I may not post often.I do read most of what everyone else post to stay in the loop.
How desperate is this
look.gif
? Don’t make me beg, come on give a girl a hand up!
Seriously I may have a chance to venture outdoors it has been a longtime, I can enjoy the summer when the sun starts to set.would like to look nice when I see it.Oh and I want the
censored.gif
witch to see that I came through in spite of her attempts to see me bald.
mad.gif

I get confused while trying to compile information from past threads recommended, too much to digest.
blush.gif

This is a lot to ask for, all I can do is ask; how would I ever know what was possible?
wink.gif

Will check in between getting ready for doc appt, praying that I do not have to go under the knife again. {{{Chyli sending bad vibes for surgery}}}.

TIA,
CHYLI

Since you're growing your hair and looking for something low maintainence that won't you make hot, I think a drawstring ponytail would be a good choice. Buy the phonytail, some gentle hair elastics and something to slick your hair back with and you're good to go!
smile.gif

Sassy thank you for responding,I will look for the gentle hair elastics and the ponytail,not sure of what to use to silck it back.

Maybe someone else will respond soon. I don,t know what to look for in a relaxer.Thanks Much.
CHYLI

I'd feel bad if I recommended a relaxer and something bad happened to your hair... I liked Motions Oil, but it isn't very popular on this board. I've read on a few different boards that the most gentle relaxer on the market today is Dark & Lovely Beautiful Beginnings No-Lye for Fine Hair. Since you are mostly natural, you should consider letting a pro do your relaxer.

To slick my hair back for my phonytail, I use a mixture of Proclaim Curl Activator Gel (Worlds of Curls is also good), S-Curl Spray and a soft holding gel on my damp hair. ORS Lock & Twist Gel and Smooth n Shine Gellation (the pink one) work for me. I also use a small amount of Elasta QP Glaze to keep my edges flat and to add some shine. It has mineral oil in it, though.

Back