Wigs, Weaves, and Braids!!

cafeaulait5

So since I did my THIRD BC I've been wearing a wig as a protective style. I wash the wig about twice a week to keep it clean. I take it off at night and only wear it to work and school. Before putting on the wig I apply my leave in to my hair and then I put on a wig cap. My wig is not too tight but it is tight enough to stay in place. Is there anything special I should be doing to my edges to make sure they don't thin out?

You know that is a good question because I too am gonna start wearing a wig and done the BC 5 months ago and I am just tired of the Twa look, but maybe when you take the Wig off at night you can do a lite massage with some oils on your edges and leave them out when you sleep.

Hello,

I too have been doing wig thing for a while now, mainly due to laziness, but I have my hair braided underneath and the rare time I wear a wig cap I roll it back some so it's not cutting of my circulation (the wig caps are too tight to me.) I also massage the edges with oil. But to be honest I don't have the wig exactly on my edges it just sits on top of braids and the hair comes down so my edges don't show. My edges have thinned a tiny bit, but nothing noticeable. That's pretty good considering I have worn them for years. It's just the back I am worried about.

I saw this thing called a gel band that is worn around your head that's supposed to keep the wig off. It costs around $28 and I think it was on wigs.com or wigs. net.

Back