Wigs or half wigs for work

bb09

Hi guys,

I've had single plait braids in for almost 3 months. I'm sad to say it's broken some of my hair off quite badly. The weight of the braids was too heavy for that hair. On the + side, I've discovered a few products that seem to work for my hair (Silk Dreams go moist shampoo & AO blue chamomile conditioner), and I've taken the plaits out at my edges and nape already.

I'm feeling so self conscious, but could I please get named recommendations for wigs /lace wigs that don't scream wig (i.e. not bulky, no cone shape at the crown)?

To add specifics: 10-14 inches is great. I would prefer textured over straight hair & hair that lasts 2 months. Weaves are not an option right now because of what it does to my edges. Nothing big and bodacious pls! I'd only want that with my own hair, otherwise it attracts attention. I still have the single plaits in so I really am going by names.

Last edited:
I agree, the straight one with the bangs looks better in my opinion. I'm not so sure about the one with the braid deal in the front & you're right, the shorter one makes you look a little older. The curly one is decent enough though. The styles on the link are pretty as well. Hopefully someone in London can chime in on where to find someone to help you out with the style that you are looking for. :grin:

I agree that the short one makes you look older but it is the one that doesn't scream wig to me out of all of them based on the pics.

I should clarify, I don't MIND my hair looking like a weave. I absolutely don't want it to look like a WIG though :nono:.

So, can someone pls tag half wig or lace wig wearers here.
12-14 inches is great. I don't mind textured or straight hair. I just need something that looks fairly decent for 2 months. Can anyone recommend something based on that?

I can't help, but I just wanted to say that you're really pretty.
@naturalTAN - thank you for that!!

I agree, the straight one with the bangs looks better in my opinion. I'm not so sure about the one with the braid deal in the front & you're right, the shorter one makes you look a little older. The curly one is decent enough though. The styles on the link are pretty as well. Hopefully someone in London can chime in on where to find someone to help you out with the style that you are looking for. :grin:
@londonfog - hope so! I should have titled this: "Calling half wig /lace wearers.. Need named recommendations".

I agree that the short one makes you look older but it is the one that doesn't scream wig to me out of all of them based on the pics.
@Michelle1971 - alright, thanks for that!

Last edited:
Try seaching one of the wig websites like samsbeauty.com under halfwigs, they have alot of reviews on there. I like the outre brand halfwigs because they look pretty natural to me. If you like wavy styles Yasmine by Outre its really pretty, I also have Zahra too. If you see styles you like you can also look on you tube and there might be a video review to look at, try looking for Outre Dion she is another half wig that you might like.

Try seaching one of the wig websites like samsbeauty.com under halfwigs, they have alot of reviews on there. I like the outre brand halfwigs because they look pretty natural to me. If you like wavy styles Yasmine by Outre its really pretty, I also have Zahra too. If you see styles you like you can also look on you tube and there might be a video review to look at, try looking for Outre Dion she is another half wig that you might like.

Since you are in the UK maybe you like some of the sleek wigs. I purchased the MIA. From the yt videos, the wigs don't require a lot of work right out of the box.

http://www.sleek.co.uk/products/WIGS
stephshe & faithVA -That's helped me a lot!! I've done some searching and the halfwigs are pretty. To me, the Yasmine is the nicest out of those three, but I've now realised I wouldn't be able to blend half wigs.. in general :look:. I definitely feel more at ease, and I thought about buying the Freetress Estelle lace wig since it comes with edges. Is it wise to buy it from ebay? & I'm looking at the sleek wigs now. Where are the prices? & What's MIA?

@stephshe & @faithVA -That's helped me a lot!! I've done some searching and the halfwigs are pretty. To me, the Yasmine is the nicest out of those three, but I've now realised I wouldn't be able to blend half wigs.. in general :look:. I definitely feel more at ease, and I thought about buying the Freetress Estelle lace wig since it comes with edges. Is it wise to buy it from ebay? & I'm looking at the sleek wigs now. Where are the prices? & What's MIA?

It was fine buying it from Ebay because the sellers are rated. And you can view their rating and reviews before purchasing. Sleek doesn't show prices because they don't sell to consumers. You have to get the prices from the seller. Realize that Sleek weeks are primarily sold in the UK so if you don't want to pay high shipping that isn't a brand for you. I have no idea how much she cost because I didn't convert it to US dollars :lol:

MIA is a human hair sleek wig. It's on their sight.

Back