wig wearers

Pandoras Box

does your wig get in the way of your sex life?

it seems like everytime we get busy this thing ends up half hanging off my head and my BF hates it. :lachen:

he doesnt say anything, but i can tell, he sometimes doesnt want to grab it for fear it will fall off and he'll be looking at a chick in a stocking cap.

lmao I had the same reservations....but make sure pre-sex the combs are well attached...and I'm sure he knows better than to try to pull it.....can u say rough?

I have always wanted to wear a wig but I never dared because of men.
I wonder a few things:
1) how they react when they discover that you wear one?
2) are they happy to see you coming back home and taking it off, walking around the house with a scarf or whatsoever....
3) in a few words has it ever been a turn-off (especially when you just met them)

P.S: just so that you know I'm single, living on my own and just curious not judging ;-)

I asked this same question here before. I just make sure it is nice and secure and he knows to not be heavily tugging on it anyway. OR I just don't wear it all. He likes my cornrows so either way. He prefers it off cause it gets in the way necking.

As stated before, just make sure the combs are attached and/or put some bobby pins in it. You can also take it off (beforehand) and put a pretty scarf on your head. Also you can alternate wearing the wigs with getting a sew in - hit HIM up for the money for the hair and installation. :grin:

Pandora, I would just take it off. I usually wear my hair in a low ponytail or pinned up so when I take it off I still look decent.

Ciacia, here are my answers.

1) how they react when they discover that you wear one?

I told him up front. He usually thinks I got my hair done. I just say no sweetie its a wig... and I'm taking this sucker off when we go to bed.

2) are they happy to see you coming back home and taking it off, walking around the house with a scarf or whatsoever....

I'm sure he's not happy but I don't think he really cares. I just say, "I need to take off my wig." And he says "handle your business" When I put it back on he says "you're back".

3) in a few words has it ever been a turn-off (especially when you just met them)

He hasn't expressed that its a turnoff. And his actions don't lean toward it being a turnoff either. So, IDK

Last edited:
The first time me and my Hubby did it, I was wearing a phony pony. I took it off and said don't worry I have hair under here took my hair down (about MBL) and proceeded. I think that is where his fetish came from I am majorly tender headed and that pulling was not cute.

Personally I didn't feel anyway, the same goes for my wigs, I just take them off and sit them on the table. :D

But I don't always wear a cap either.

As long as it's hooked into your hair good it won't go anywhere. I've never had one come off. And make sure they don't try to pull it.

I just take mine off before hand. The times I have tried to keep it on while coloring I was constantly worried about it & I wasn't totally focused on what we were doing lol. I talk openly about my hair goals so he knew there was a purpose to me wiggin it. I have felt self conscious when I take it off & my braids are kinda old. But I have a take me as I am kind of attitude. :)

And he knows once we step out the house I will be looking on point.

Last edited:
i wore a half wig during the summer and me and my wig never had any problems when me and my SO did it,
but like the other ladies said, you can take it off before hand a tie a cute scarf, or jus bobby pin that bad boy down!

My husband is white and he had never dated a black woman before me. His white gfs never wore wigs. He still thinks they are gross and won't touch my head when I have a wig or weave. He is especially turned off if it is human hair. That totally grosses him out so needless to say, I don't wear one during times of intimacy. I can't have him regurgitating on me! Both ends spewing stuff!!!!!!!!!

you ladies have inspired me to take mine off. I currently wear a stocking cap weave (wig) and I NEVER take it off and I want to so bad at night but my hubby is admittedly shallow and I don't know how he would react. But its about to get hot and I am about to stop caring!!

does your wig get in the way of your sex life?

it seems like everytime we get busy this thing ends up half hanging off my head and my BF hates it. :lachen:

he doesnt say anything, but i can tell, he sometimes doesnt want to grab it for fear it will fall off and he'll be looking at a chick in a stocking cap.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Well, I'm single & celibate til I get married, so I can't say anything abt that. In past relationships, I'd take it off before bed and have my own hair out or have on a nice scarf. I only pop it on when I'm going out of the house. Inside, I wear my own hair. I don't know if my future husband would have a prob wit it, cuz underneath this wig is plenty of hair for him to {lightly} tug on...and if he wants the wig on, we can do plenty of role playing cuz I am quite creative, lol If he does have a prob wit it, he needs to cough up tha change to get this thick hair straightened, hanging loose with curls, and all swangin' cuz lawd knows I ain't spending 3-4 hrs doing it. Like others, "take me as I am," or you don't get none. :)

Last edited:
The only wigs that I know of that women wear to bed are glued on lace front wigs. I did not even realize women were sleeping in wigs until I heard of lace wigs & lace fronts a couple of years ago.

Back