wig wearers

ladylibra

i need some help! :perplexed

i would like to buy a wig or 2, just so i can have a different look that i can change quickly and easily. i did a search on lace front wigs and well... forgive me for being ignorant but i didn't realize there was so much work involved in getting a wig to stay and look "natural." all that prepping the skin and applying glue and tucking and pressing down... :lol:

would i be able to just simply plop a wig on my head and walk out the door... maybe just stick a few pins in? should i look into half-wigs/falls? i don't always want to do phony ponies...

well at first i was using half wig/falls and i would just leave a little of my hair out, or just but a ribbio or something on the top so it still look natural...now i have been experimenting with full wigs and i get the ones that look as close to a weave as possoble and they are usually from the same ppl who do the half wigs...i put it on in the morning, bobby pin it to make sure it stays because i am very active and go out the door...about 5 mins top...so u should go to the bss and try some out or search for them on line, they are waaay easier than lfs, but don't look as natural and they don't last as long, but its cheaper than buying the hair and getting ur hair done...

SSBD said:
well at first i was using half wig/falls and i would just leave a little of my hair out, or just but a ribbio or something on the top so it still look natural...now i have been experimenting with full wigs and i get the ones that look as close to a weave as possoble and they are usually from the same ppl who do the half wigs...i put it on in the morning, bobby pin it to make sure it stays because i am very active and go out the door...about 5 mins top...so u should go to the bss and try some out or search for them on line, they are waaay easier than lfs, but don't look as natural and they don't last as long, but its cheaper than buying the hair and getting ur hair done...

yes, that sounds more like what i want to do... more like if i just wanted a straight-hair look for a day, but don't want to press my hair. just something quick like my drawstring ponytail - it comes off as soon as i get home and change my clothes, LOL! :grin:

I LOVE half-wigs/falls. All of the wigs that I've bought have been SUPER FAKE LOOKING!!! Falls are just more natural looking.

I wear wigs faithfully, I only do full caps now, because leaving hair out caused me to flat iron and damage my hair, but i make my wigs look natural by putting a small part in the front of my hair (but not leaving hair out) and i also sleep in my wig (with my satin scarf under) for a couple days to knock off some of the shine and fakeness. It works! :lol:

I just bought a wig on Saturday, thanks for the tips. PreciousJewel76 gave me some great tips on getting the shine out of wigs. Check out my thread, I think it's called "I bought a wig today...my first ever" or something like that. I find it I'll bump it for you.

Back