Wig wearers? How do you do it?

H

HoneyRockette

In order to mask my hairline breakage problem, I purchased the NewHair wig from Especially Yours that is cut so my entire front hairline is out. I can't muster up the courage to wear it outside though. It is very bulky and you can feel the netting if you touch the top of my head. This wig was obviously not designed for people to wear in the real world. As much as I would like to be able to tell my nosy co-workers and neighbors to mind their own business and NOT touch my head, I feel it is inevitable that SOMEONE will try to touch my hair without my permission if I wear this thing outside. Apart from physically fighting everyone who comes near me, I don't know how to avoid it. So I ask the wig wearers out there, how do you manage to go about your daily duties without feeling self conscious?

I wear full wigs all the time but I guess the reason why it doesn't bother me is because I always just tell folks its a wig...especially is they ask. No sense in touching when I will tell them straight up anyway.

ReaLuvsAOxymoron said:
I wear full wigs all the time but I guess the reason why it doesn't bother me is because I always just tell folks its a wig...especially is they ask. No sense in touching when I will tell them straight up anyway.
Same here :). I used to wear wigs daily when i was growing out my hair and i would frequently change up my look on back to back days (think Regine from Livin Single). It never bothered me at all because people knew i was wearing wigs and would frequently ask me, "how do they look so real??" I sent alot of people to the shop i used to purchase mine from because they liked them so much.

Just be comfortable and know that you dont have to hide that it's a wig. I mean in a world where half the women are weaved up wearing a wig shouldnt send them into shock :lol:. Good luck. -- jainygirl

I actually tell them its a wig if they ask. I have no shame. It keeps people from trying to go in your head. Most people are surprised when i tell them. Most of the time they think its a sew in :lol:

Yup just say its a wig. I had one when I first cut all my hair off, but I left it down south. But my mom has a "Sasha" wig, it's so cute. You can't tell its not her hair.

Hi HoneyRockette,

I wear a wig on a daily basis since I decided to chop all my damaged relaxed hair off and texturized my hair. I love wearing wigs because this is time when my hair gets a break from combing and manipulation. At first you would have never get me to wear a wig until I discovered wowwigs.com. I purchased all of my wigs at Wowwigs.com. They have a great selection there and they look very real. I try to get the ones with the scalp so it looks more realistic. All my friends are shocked when I tell them it's wig they all think that it's a weave. However, wearing wigs did contribute to my hair breakage due to me neglecting my hair in the process. Now I have learnt my lesson and I now start paying more attention to my hair but I still wear my wig whenever I go outside.

I remember once I was in the city crossing the street and this girl came up to me and asked me how did I get my hair curly like that? Is it a weave? What is the name of the weave that I had used? Where did you purchase it? So I confessed to her that it was a wig. She said ok it looks so real. But I think she was a bit dissappointed when I told her it was a wig because apparently she has been trying to achieve that particular curly look with a weave.

But the question is what do you do when you are around your man? Meaning if there is any intimacy involved. Does anyone have any experiences with this and wearing wigs? Please share your experiences.

Thanks

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Hi HoneyRockette,

I wear a wig on a daily basis since I decided to chop all my damaged relaxed hair off and texturized my hair. I love wearing wigs because this is time when my hair gets a break from combing and manipulation. At first you would have never get me to wear a wig until I discovered wowwigs.com. I purchased all of my wigs at Wowwigs.com. They have a great selection there and they look very real. I try to get the ones with the scalp so it looks more realistic. All my friends are shocked when I tell them it's wig they all think that it's a weave. However, wearing wigs did contribute to my hair breakage due to me neglecting my hair in the process. Now I have learnt my lesson and I now start paying more attention to my hair but I still wear my wig whenever I go outside.

I remember once I was in the city crossing the street and this girl came up to me and asked me how did I get my hair curly like that? Is it a weave? What is the name of the weave that I had used? Where did you purchase it? So I confessed to her that it was a wig. She said ok it looks so real. But I think she was a bit dissappointed when I told her it was a wig because apparently she has been trying to achieve that particular curly look with a weave.

But the question is what do you do when you are around your man? Meaning if there is any intimacy involved. Does anyone have any experiences with this and wearing wigs? Please share your experiences.

Thanks

thanks for the link ;)

maibabie said:
thanks for the link ;)
Your very welcome Maibabie ;) . There is also another website that I had purchased two of my wigs from. The name of the website is Wigs.com. They have some nice selections from Beverly Johnson and Mowtowntress. As for Wowwigs.com I love the Forever Young brand its the best brand in terms of variety and styles. Hope this helps.

Back