Wig Caps

LF wig wearers what color wig cap do you wear?

• Black

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Tan

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

VirtuousBeauty

All you LF wig wearers. What color wig cap do you wear?

I thought I would need to find a brown or tan one, but my brother was like his fiancee only wears black ones so I got curious and wanted to ask you guys what you wear

I only have one lacefront, and I wear it just like a regular wig. I don't use glue or tape or anything, I just pin it on. When I wear it, I either go bareback :giggle: or I wear a black cap.

Other, I don't wear a wig cap I wear a black durag and I'm about to get a shortie dreadsock even though I don't have dreads it will move around less than my durag and probably keep my hair from sweating underneath. But I always try to make the color black so it won't be noticeable

It depends on what color the wig is. If the wig is lighter, then I will wear a tan/caramel toned one. If it is a dark wig, then I wear a black wig cap. I always wear my caps pushed back a little. I've found that matching the caps to the wig color is a great way to prevent an oopsie moment. If the hair blows in the wind, it is harder to see the tracks when the cap blends in with the hair color.

Also wanted to add that another trick is to part your real hair in the same place as your LF's part. That way it looks real. Instead of seeing a wig cap through the part, people will actually see your real scalp. That's why I slide my cap back some...it Works like a charm :)

Also wanted to add that another trick is to part your real hair in the same place as your LF's part. That way it looks real. Instead of seeing a wig cap through the part, people will actually see your real scalp. That's why I slide my cap back some...it Works like a charm :)

Thanks, I'll have to keep that in mind

I voted black, I started wearing a black wig cap and saturating it with CFG, but to avoid breakage, I'm now just going to be wearing a du rag (minus the flap in the back)

I think I am going to switch to a black scull cap or du rag because I have just discovered breakage on the top of my hair where I usually have the wig cap pulled back to. I voted black because like others have said, it is less noticeable.

I change mine depending on what color the wig hair is. If it is a light wig, I will wear my tan/caramel one. If it is a dark 1b color wig, I wear my back wig cap. The reason I do this is because if the wind blows or if my tracks are visible the wig cap will be less visible. It is a good trick.

I go "bareback" as Lady Paniolo stated or I wear a silk bonnet underneath. When I go bareback my hair is usually braided up underneath. Up to this point I haven't been putting anything on my hair before I do so because I feared mold/sweat smell but reading other user's post makes me worry that I might be damaging my hair if I don't begin to do so, so I will. I get away with wearing a silk bonnet because on only wear big afro-curly wigs. I am assuming that if I ever where a straight wig I will have to wear a wig cap (black) or go bareback.

I wear a mesh wig cap (to allow air flow and also protect hair) in BLACK always. I see no point in wearing any other color as my hair is colored jet black, and I figure the wefts and cap the wig is sewn on is also usually black.

My cap is far enough back that the black doesn't show in LF wigs. I use the same cap with full wigs and half-wigs. Half-wigs I wear a headband in front to cover my hair...I never leave any of my hair out because I have yet to find hair that matches the texture while dry exactly.

I sweat in wigs, hence the reason I only wear them in Fall and winter (only time I don't sweat with a wig on). Since I sweat, bareback or mesh wig cap is the only way for me to go. Scarves and bonnets beneath a wig is like wearing a fur hat on my head. My hair is already thick and hot, and coupled with a wig with big fluffy hair, there is serious heat up there. :nono:

Last edited:
I wear brown wig caps generally but occasionally I would wear black. Honest it really doesn't matter b/c I put foundation on the underside of my wig so the scalp is medium brown regardless.

Back