WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE ME ALONE

Chemetria

I was sittin in the living room today and my cousin said so how long do we have untill you get a relaxer and I didn't say anything I want to tell her just to leave me alone about my hair it's mine I can do what ever I want to it she was the one last time I was natural that said that don't look good on you and you don't have good hair so way are you going natural to her good hair is curly hair to me healthy hair is good hair relaxed or natural I am still transitioning 4 months in I wish I could keep it braided like I would like so don't no one have anything to say but it is hard because the braiding salon is to much and kitchen braider say my hair is to thick and want to charge me the same prices as the braiding salon

Excuse me? How long do they have until you get a relaxer? I'm growing out my relaxer as well and when I come across people who have a problem with natural hair I let them know that I love the way natural hair looks and they're too caught up in someone else's standard of beauty. Suddenly, they're singing a different tune and they want to convince me that they like natural hair too - whatever.

Girl, once people realize that you are comfortable with / proud of your hair and you don't value their opinions they shut up.

All hair is good hair if it is taken care of properly. Tell them it's your hair and that you will look good with your hair natural. If they don't like it, too bad! Stick to your guns.:)

Back