WHY ME AND WHY THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoisedNPolished

:mad: MY HAIR IS ONCE AGAIN BROKEN OFF, I DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE I DEEP CONDITION AND KEEP IT MOISTURIZED! MY HAIR IS ONLY ABOUT 3 INCHES ON THE TOP ANYWAY AND NOW IT HAS BROKEN OFF IN A 1" STRIP STARTING AT THE FRONT ALL THE WAY TO THE MIDDLE OF MY HEAD! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY THIS IS HAPPENING??? ALSO MY HAIR LOOKS LIKE STRAW? HELP ME BEFORE I CRY.
I can't take a picture of it because someone stole my digital camera :ohwell:

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Just be patient and analyze everything you are doing to your hair, you will figure it out and be on your way to having long healthy hair. It's hard for me to say based on the info, but i'd suggest starting with reviewing your relaxer process. If someone is relaxing all of your hair then no matter how much you do deep cond, it is prone to severe breakage. Also, i tell my mom this all the time...just because u deep cond every now n then, it doesn't do that much good if you are frying your hair every single day and using gels and greases and not moisturizing it daily. Basically make sure you treat it good at least 90% of the time, not just 10% of the time. (for me a flat-ironing er now n then ain't hurt nobody) Feel free to tell us more about your regimen and i'm sure some of the ladies will chime in and figure out what you are or aren't doing.

Yeah I guess I put heat on it toooo much but I don't know what else to do since it is so short. I am going to try to let it air dry and then spike it so I don't have to curl it AT ALL. I am just confused why it breaks in a strip like that!

I agree that the heat could be the biggest issue. Direct heat on my hair spells disaster. I cant use heat too much because it snaps my hair right on off. It took me a long time to figure out exactly how to treat it. I knew it grew, but I had to find ways to retain it.

So I threw heat out the window, that helped but wasn't the entire solution. I had to relearn how to comb my hair and to be patient with it. I had to relearn what kind of moisture my hair wanted, which meant listening to my hair and its needs.

I had to learn how to style without heat. You may want to try wrapping your hair at night instead of using heat. Small rollers with the use of papers can help give you nice smooth curls.

So its not all lost, though the experience sucks! No one likes to see their hair break and fall out...its pretty damn disheartening to say the least. But, being on a hair journey is all about finding exactly the best formula for your healthy growth. You know that daily heat isn't working for you, so, its time to try something different.

Don't give up ok? :kiss:

-A

I agree...stay away from the heat. My hair splits just with heat in the room...lol. As soon as I use heat..within hours I have split ends. I have dry hair and the flatiron/direct heat makes it much worse. Can you do braids or weaves for a while until it grows out a bit?

Last edited:
This is horrible.

Can you post more of regimen so we can see if heat is the only problem? What are you doing to your hair/putting on your hair on a daily, weekly basis?

Heat makes my hair split a lot, too. I think I might have had a setback because I'd been using my Maxiglide from mid-December to June.

You're not still relaxing the entire length of your hair are you? I see that you did in your fotki. Heat, plus bad relaxing may be too much for your fine hair. And what kind of relaxer are you using?

I had this problem. My hair broke off a lot at the top. It might take a minute to discover the culprit but trace your steps. You may just need a break from relaxing and heat. If you can were braids without thinning try that. Or you may need a lighter relaxer as well.

1QTPie said:
You're not still relaxing the entire length of your hair are you? I see that you did in your fotki. Heat, plus bad relaxing may be too much for your fine hair. And what kind of relaxer are you using?

:eek: :eek: This must be the reason your hair's shedding! I remember I tried to self relax a few years before going natural, the relaxer ended up everywhere all on my ends, I shedded for weeks.:ohwell:

Back