Why is my hair so limp and lifeless.

Tene

I ended up using the new version of Vitale Life and Body and I don't like it at all. My hair came out too straight compared to using the old version. With the old version I still had a lot of body left and it was dry. I'm wondering what happened to my hair. The strange thing is it's a lot more straight with using this version but I still have waves in my hair. I know I did lose some hair cause my hair was shedding a lot and it also got tangled. That has never happened to me before. I did use Vitale corrective condtitioner, it has animal protein in it and my hair seems to be soft now like it use to be.

Last edited:
I had the same problem and I waited so long, I shed like a dog. And even more important, my hair was so tangled, it was ridiculous. I have 4B relaxed armpit length hair. And I thought it was because I was growing my hair out and stretching relaxers. But then I realized it was because of all the products I was using, and hadn't clarified in over a year. So first, I used Redken Cleansing Cream during one shampoo which got my hair really clean, but follow up with a moisturizing conditioner (helps your conditioner work better too). Then the following week, I used Roux Porosity Control shampoo and conditioner. After the porosity control, my hair was back to the soft untangled hair I used to have. I stopped using Cream of Nature because it does leave a residue, and believe me it was hard to stop using it, but I need my hair to be clean when I wash or else, my shedding issues come back. So I will continue to use these 2 methods every now and then, just to balance things out. I hope this helps you.....

I'm sorry about the way your hair came out. This was my exact concern about switching to Vitale. The new one looks just like other relaxers that I don't want to try. I really hope they realize the mistake they made and switch back. I have yet to try the old formula. I will be relaxing tomorrow though. I hope it goes well and can straighten this crazy new growth I have from MTG. lol.

Back