Why is my hair falling

chollis718

Last night when I combed my hair there was 10 strands on the pillow.I can't understand why this has been happening. Could one of the reasons be because I am 1 month pregnant. I wrap and condition my hair very well and wash every 7 days.Please tell me what I may be doing wrong.

10 strands? Isn't that less than even normal shedding? I dunno. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyways, hormonal changes will affect your hair, trust me. Not saying that it's the pregnancy, but when the hormones are changing from their regular schedule, that could cause different hair affects. Like my overactive thyroid caused my hair to fall out terribly when I was younger. I didn't know I may have had it then, but I found out a few weeks ago that's what was going on. My thyroid produces too much hormone. Therefore, I don't have to be surprised when I see excessive shedding.

What's the normal amount of shedding per day, someone? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I remember I asked the same question to my Health teacher back in High School. She had told me that approxiamtely 250 strands daily was the norm for shedding hair. Ask me if its true, I have no clue, but that seems to be alot. I dont think that 10 strands is alot though.

Up to 150 per day .

I don't know if anyone counts monthly, Karonica /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Check out this link, Chollis. I hope you like it. 250 strands per day has to be wrong! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Hair Loss

It's a PowerPoint presentation, so once it opens, click on "Slide Show" in the top menu, and then click on "View Show.""

Heheheee! I meant daily, Crysdon! Hehehee! Sorry. Can you imagine someone doing that? Hehehee! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back