Why is LHCF your favorite secret?

Chimma

What would you like to say thank you to LHCF for?
clap.gif
kissing4.gif
clap.gif

I would like to thank you for making me feel empowered, teaching me about natural oils, natural products, excellent regimes, and special tools that allow me to take care of my hair better and more cheaply than I could have otherwise done.

Hair products (no particular order):
Aveda Elixir
Shea Butter
Avocado Oil
EVOO
Coconut Milk
Queen Helene Deep Conditioner
Suave Conditioner Washes
Aloe Vera Gel

Hair Tools:
FHI Ceramic Iron
K-Cutter!! (Thanks again!)

Regimes (even if I get lazy and don't do them as frequently as I would like):
Conditioner Wash
Deep Conditioner/Hot Oil Treatment
Pre-Oil Treatment
Combing hair when very damp from ends to roots
Using a spray bottle filled with water
Knowing how often to wash my hair and how water helps my scalp feel better
Knowing from Supergirl that splits don't travel nearly as much as we are told and that I can stay far far away from SHS without fear of damaging my ends
Mixing oils and creme conditioners

Things I will soon try:
Henna
Jojoba Oil
Honey

My hair is softer, shinier, more moisturized, more elastic, and in better condition than it ever was before. I find my natural hair even more manageable than I found my relaxed hair, and I need to use less and less products to achieve my goals. No more products that sit on my hair-> making it greasy but not giving shine... yuck and goodbye to Black DuGrowHair or BlackHairMagicTrick
hammer.gif
tongue.gif
I also have more control of my hair's length and state, much less breakage.
Just today, I was reading on coconut milk, and I did a random google search. I looked at Aubrey organics site, and I saw that their wonderful shampoo & conditioner which is getting such positive reviews is composed of natural hair products that I learned of from here and use with good results! If I ever decide to dramatically expand my hair care budget, I will even know which products to buy based on the ingredients... but until then I can save myself a lot of money and assemble the products myself much more cheaply. That inspired me to create this thread, because it's just rude to take so much and never once show your appreciation...
blush.gif
or let anyone else know about your obsesision.
wasntme.gif

Island Naturals Shampoo
Almond, shea, jojoba and mango butters, plus soothing coconut milk, add moisture and manageability to curly, frizzy, hard-to-handle hair.
INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Coconut Oil Soap, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Organic Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Jojoba Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Mango Butter, Coconut Mik, Bitter Almond Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Island Naturals Cream Rinse
Moisture-rich blend of coconut milk, jojoba and shea butters adds instant softness and shine to dry, frizzy hair and tones and hydrates the scalp on contact.
INGREDIENTS: Essential Fatty Acid Cream Base, Coconut Milk, Aloe Vera Gel, Jojoba Butter, Shea Butter, Rosemary, Sage, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Jasmine, Passion Flower, Camomile, Allspice, Geranium, Lavender, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Why is LHCF your favorite secret?
kisses.gif
love.gif
kisses.gif

LHCF is my favorite secret because it's taught me so much about hair care, and it gives me support when no one else will! It's hard to find pple who really support your hair care regimen (especially if it includes washing every wk since pple think black women shouldnt wash their hair so often!)LOL Anyway, LHCF has given me motivation and I'm so glad that I've found it!!!

Back