WHY, IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, DID I BUY THESE PRODUCTS?

Mandy4610

:blush:So, I went to the BSS last weekend and I bought stuff that I needed(mostly condish), but then today, I decided to check out Sally's and I bought all this stuff that I really do not need and probably will never need. I did my cousins hair on wednesday (touch-up and everything) and I bought all these things which are meant for relaxed hair mostly, but I hardly ever do my cousin's hair. Now that I am thinking, I really can not see why I bought this stuff:ohwell:
Here are some pics of what I bought:
I need PJ therapy. All these products cost me about $200 total:wallbash::wallbash:
DSC02149-1.jpg
This is from last weekend(I needed these)

DSC02150-1.jpg

DSC02151-1.jpg
These I do not need at all.

When DH saw these, all he could say was "you are obsessed".:perplexed

Am I really obsessed? Someone please tell me you do this too?
resident PJs show yourselves!!!!I know you are out there, don't make me call you out!!!:rolleyes:

I want some of that Aphogee Leave in conditioner!!
but to be serious..WOW.

I feel you. I swear, I also have a product addiction as well and it's getting worse as it goes because I'm now into buying that expensive stuff. I thought I had Sally Beauty under control. Now, it's Ulta and other places selling the "good" stuff. Then I feel like crap after I've bought it when I open my cabinet and see I had a similar product...unopened. Meth, crack, pcp, HAIR GREASE! I wonder if there's an anonymous support group for us lolol!

I want some of that Aphogee Leave in conditioner!!
but to be serious..WOW.

Well, at least you got the good stuff! :lol:

I WANT SOME SILK INFUSION SO BAD!!!!!! :(

I feel you. I swear, I also have a product addiction as well and it's getting worse as it goes because I'm now into buying that expensive stuff. I thought I had Sally Beauty under control. Now, it's Ulta and other places selling the "good" stuff. Then I feel like crap after I've bought it when I open my cabinet and see I had a similar product...unopened. Meth, crack, pcp, HAIR GREASE! I wonder if there's an anonymous support group for us lolol!
Ladies, I tell you, it's embarrassing...I don't know how to explain myself to DH any more. Today O told him I would only spend $40, and I went and spent almost $200.
I feel horrible, most of this stuff I can't even return.:nono:
I need to find a way to get this under control, it is starting to make DH very frustrated and I think sometimes he is feeling like he can't count on me to keep finances in check.:perplexed
I have not gone to the length of putting important things at risk, but it is still scary to buy things you don't need:sad:

Ladies, I tell you, it's embarrassing...I don't know how to explain myself to DH any more. Today O told him I would only spend $40, and I went and spent almost $200.
I feel horrible, most of this stuff I can't even return.:nono:
I need to find a way to get this under control, it is starting to make DH very frustrated and I think sometimes he is feeling like he can't count on me to keep finances in check.:perplexed
I have not gone to the length of putting important things at risk, but it is still scary to buy things you don't need:sad:
don't feel like you are the only one, although I am not a PJ i spend HOURS on longhaircareforum reading threads that I don' t even need to read..so it is an addiction but in a different way. i need help also:wallbash:

don't feel like you are the only one, although I am not a PJ i spend HOURS on longhaircareforum reading threads that I don' t even need to read..so it is an addiction but in a different way. i need help also:wallbash:
Girl, I would take your addiction any day.
I was doing so well, until I got a bonus from work:nono:
I went almost 3 months without buying anything. and now:sad:
Well the only way to make up is to m=not buy anything for another 3 months. I will be staying far far away from the BSS.

Girl, I would take your addiction any day.
I was doing so well, until I got a bonus from work:nono:
I went almost 3 months without buying anything. and now:sad:
Well the only way to make up is to m=not buy anything for another 3 months. I will be staying far far away from the BSS.
you just need to find the root behind the addiction.

:blush:So, I went to the BSS last weekend and I bought stuff that I needed(mostly condish), but then today, I decided to check out Sally's and I bought all this stuff that I really do not need and probably will never need. I did my cousins hair on wednesday (touch-up and everything) and I bought all these things which are meant for relaxed hair mostly, but I hardly ever do my cousin's hair. Now that I am thinking, I really can not see why I bought this stuff:ohwell:
I need PJ therapy. All these products cost me about $200 total:wallbash::wallbash:
DSC02149-1.jpg

DSC02150-1.jpg

DSC02151-1.jpg

resident PJs show yourselves!!!!I know you are out there, don't make me call you out!!!:rolleyes:

OMG! I just did the EXACT same thing. The stuff I bought today was mainly because I occasionally do my sister's hair and I want to help her grow her hair out (and look good for the first day of school Monday.)

What is wrong with us?!?!

OMG! I just did the EXACT same thing. The stuff I bought today was mainly because I occasionally do my sister's hair and I want to help her grow her hair out (and look good for the first day of school Monday.)

What is wrong with us?!?!
Oh wow, that is exactly me. I want my cousin's hair to look good, but I am breaking my account:wallbash:
Girl we have to stick together. I have made a vow to not buy anything until december.
I will really need to prove to DH and to myself, that I can gain control of this.

Just use everything up. Then you won't feel guilty when you really need to buy something.:yep:I was doing fine before I started reading these hair boards. Then slowly but surely I turned into an oil, pomade and conditioner junkie--trying less expensive items to get the same results as my expensive products was my goal. Now I have a large stash of secondary products. :blush: Nevertheless, they are good quality products.

Last edited:
I don't know but you bought some good stuff....
I want some Mizani....!

DSC02149-1.jpg

DSC02150-1.jpg

DSC02151-1.jpg

I totally understand. Try being a stay at home mom and spending all that dough. I'm going back to work soon and have officially put myself in PJ rehab until I get my second paycheck because it's gotten out of control.

It's so funny because I used to never buy expensive hair products and I would go to the BSS maybe once every 3 months when I was relaxed. Now, DH stares at the boxes I get and the charges on our account and just :nono:. So it's time to get under control here.

You are not alone. :blush:

Thank you ladies. Now I just have to figure out how to use these products on my TWA:grin: Atleast if I can use them, then I won't feel so bad.

All that can be used on natural hair, especially for a good press (chi and blow dryer) and after (some protein to give your hair a boost). Denman can be used for detangling in the shower and you can use the rollers to rollerset. The only thing in that pile of stuff I couldnt find a use for is the foam wrap lotion.

I got all excited when I saw the pictures. All I could think was wow I wish she was my best friend so I can try out all those products too LOL

DSC02149-1.jpg

Mandy, based on your review of the Mizani Thermosmooth, I went out and bought it. I ahven't used it yet but I like the ingredients so I will be using that pretty soon and I will go back and get the entire Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer System as soon as I get a nice bonus.

I will also be getting some Giovanni products - mostly smooth as silk line, Aubrey Organics Honneysuckle Rose conditioner, Redken butter treat conditioner, Joico moisture poo, and conditioner, Abba Pure Moisture and Recovery poo and conditioner, and some WEN conditioners.

So don't feel too bad, I have the same issues. I do however want to move away from commercial hair products into more natura/organic hair products. I know the Redken and the Joico shouldn't be in my new list but I've always wanted to try those two.

first take back what you can; a lot of stores are understanding; especially if you say that it did nothing for your hair or it was not what you expected ( i know sally's will) and whatever you can't return, seel in the product excahnge forum!

I got all excited when I saw the pictures. All I could think was wow I wish she was my best friend so I can try out all those products too LOL
:giggle: Cute B.Maria.

The PJ bug is no joke huh OP. That is why I try to stay off the Hair Forum as much.

All that can be used on natural hair, especially for a good press (chi and blow dryer) and after (some protein to give your hair a boost). Denman can be used for detangling in the shower and you can use the rollers to rollerset. The only thing in that pile of stuff I couldnt find a use for is the foam wrap lotion.
I figured I could use most of the products too. I bought the foam wrap mostly because I wanted to try it on my cousin's hair:perplexedJust plain curiosity, thats all.

I'm glad I'm not a pj.
Way to show off Allandra!!!!:ohwell: :lachen:
I hope to be reformed some time soon:grin:

:lachen::lachen:Very funny.

Mandy, based on your review of the Mizani Thermosmooth, I went out and bought it. I ahven't used it yet but I like the ingredients so I will be using that pretty soon and I will go back and get the entire Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer System as soon as I get a nice bonus.

I will also be getting some Giovanni products - mostly smooth as silk line, Aubrey Organics Honneysuckle Rose conditioner, Redken butter treat conditioner, Joico moisture poo, and conditioner, Abba Pure Moisture and Recovery poo and conditioner, and some WEN conditioners.

So don't feel too bad, I have the same issues. I do however want to move away from commercial hair products into more natura/organic hair products. I know the Redken and the Joico shouldn't be in my new list but I've always wanted to try those two.
Hey Aggie, I tried to move more towards natural products, but I am failing miserably. My hair does not seem to care what I use and I find that I have to order most natural products online, shipping is a killer.:nono::nono:
Maybe in the future I will try again, I still have some natural products from Kinky curly, Oyin and Qhemet.

first take back what you can; a lot of stores are understanding; especially if you say that it did nothing for your hair or it was not what you expected ( i know sally's will) and whatever you can't return, seel in the product excahnge forum!
I returned the blowdryer and some of the rollers. I feel much better now ***less guilty***

:giggle: Cute B.Maria.

The PJ bug is no joke huh OP. That is why I try to stay off the Hair Forum as much.
I have to learn to stay away as well. This board is bad for my pocket:ohwell:

My sentiments exactly! I am the take-back queen! Usually, I'll get home and think about it and somehow my need to bring something home has been satisfied, but then I feel better because I returned it and there is money added back into my account!

Back