Why God Permits "Problems"....

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you--depending on how YOU respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how God wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring. Here are five reasons God May have Permitted the problems for experience in your life:

1. God permits problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is God allowing this situation to get your attention?
"Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways. " Proverbs 20:30

2. God permits problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags ... if you want to know what's inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has God tested your faith by allowing a problem or two into your life? What do problems reveal about you?
"When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy,
because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience." James 1:2-3

3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned.
Sometimes we only learn the value of something...health, money, a relationship...by losing it. "It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws." Psalms 119:71-72

4. God permits problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious.
Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem-but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered. "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good"... Genesis 50:20

5. God permits problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to God and your character are the only two things you're going to take with you into eternity. "We can rejoice when we run into problems...they help us learn to be patient.
And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady." Romans 5:3-4

** Here's the point: God is at work in your life-even when you do not recognize it or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when you cooperate with Him!

Last edited:
The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you--depending on how YOU respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how God wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring. Here are five reasons God May have Permitted the problems for experience in your life:

1. God permits problems to DIRECT you. Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is God allowing this situation to get your attention?
"Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways. " Proverbs 20:30

2. God permits problems to INSPECT you. People are like tea bags ... if you want to know what's inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has God tested your faith by allowing a problem or two into your life? What do problems reveal about you?
"When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy,
because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience." James 1:2-3

3. God uses problems to CORRECT you. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned.
Sometimes we only learn the value of something...health, money, a relationship...by losing it. "It was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws." Psalms 119:71-72

4. God permits problems to PROTECT you. A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious.
Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem-but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered. "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good"... Genesis 50:20

5. God permits problems to PERFECT you. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. God is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to God and your character are the only two things you're going to take with you into eternity. "We can rejoice when we run into problems...they help us learn to be patient.
And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady." Romans 5:3-4

** Here's the point: God is at work in your life-even when you do not recognize it or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when you cooperate with Him!

Can we say right on time. God's timing is always perfect because I just happened to be directed to come back to this area of the forum and this was the first post that I read. I have "problems" right now and I believe that God is doing all of the aforementioned things for me. I know that my situation is just a test but there are days when it seems that the test is getting the best of me. I continue to look to the hills from which cometh my help but sometimes it gets so hard and I can't see the light...but I continue to hold to my faith for better days and I believe that they are coming!

So true so true Mitcy but some think life in and with Christ should be a easy and without problems so they get angry at him. Thanks for posting this.

Wonderful message mitcy!

I would just like to add something if that's ok.

GOD permits problems to become testimonies that we share with others.

My take on it, it is challengers, we are warriors and we have to conqueor the realm and kingdomize, and take over, and when the challenge becomes too great, we call in the army of God. We get up in the morning and we command the day to obey us, we go to bed in the evening and we command the night to obey us.

Great thread!! I just sent this around in a email.. I know a few friends who needs to read this, myself included. Thanks Mitcy:yep:

Thanks for posting! Sometimes when you are going through the problem it is easy to get wrapped up in the circumstances and lose sight of the purpose behind it.

Thanks, Mitcy!

thank you so much for this. I am sending this in a letter amogst other things to my Mother, she is losing her faith and I am trying my best steer her in the right direction.

it means alot, thanks again

Thanks! Yes, problems are to be expected in life. I enjoy problems because I know it will work out for my good and will get me where God needs me to be.....uhh Jesus didn't have it easy so I can't think I will be on cloud 9 everyday

I hardly ever come into the Christian Forum...but I came into it today looking for some encouragement because of a previous problem I have recently encountered. Thank you for your post Mitcy. It was the word of encouragement I was looking for: Proverbs 20:30.
Bless you :yep:

Thanks for this. I was just about to make a post about how I felt like I was under attack from "problems" in my life, both people and issue related. I was just saying to God, why is this stuff happening, why do the same issues with the same people keep cropping up in my life. Why can't I move on from the same sinful things in my life that I have been dealing with for years. I was wondering and feeling like the devil was on a crusade against me. This really helped. Thanks a lot

Who really is to blame for much of the suffering & Problems?

Humans are to blame for much of the suffering. They fight wars, commit crimes, pollute the environment, carry on business ina a manner motivated by greed rather than concern for their fellowman, & sometimes indulge in habits taht they know can be harmful to their health. When they do these things they hurt themselves as well as others. Should it be expected that humans would be immune to the consequences of what they do? Is it reasonable to blame God for these things that humans themselves do?

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

or
7 Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap;

Ecclesiates 8:9
All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.

or

9 All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.

Satan & his demons also share responsibility.

The bible discloses that much sufferingis because of the inflluence of wicked spirits.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

or

12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

How did suffering and problems get started?
Examination of the causes focuses attention on our first human parents, Adam and Eve. God created them perfect and putthem in paradise surroundings. If they obeyed God, they would never got sickor died. They could of enjoyed perfect human life forever. Suffering was not part of God's purpose for mankind. But God clearly told Adam that continued enjoymentof what he had given them depended on obedience. They chose to go their own way when they refused to obey God's law. Sin lead to death. Everyone on earth due to Adam & Eve sinning was born in sin all of us experience suffering in various ways.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

or

12 That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

Also
Ecclesiastes 9:11 says time and unforeseen occurences also have a bearing on what happensto us. We may get hurt, not because the Devil directly causes it or because any human does it, but because by chance we are in a place at the wrong moment.

Ecclesiates 9:11
11 I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

or

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all

Have we benefited because God has allowed it until now?
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

or

Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance

If God had immediatley executed Adam and Eve, following their sin, none of us wold be in existence today.The fact is God has allowed this sinful world to exist until now has afforded us the oppurtunity to be live and learn his ways, to make needed changes in our lives, and to avail ourselves of his loving provisions for eternal life.

These Bible accounts came from the New World Translation of the Scriptures

and

The King James Version

Who really is to blame for much of the suffering & Problems?

Humans are to blame for much of the suffering. They fight wars, commit crimes, pollute the environment, carry on business ina a manner motivated by greed rather than concern for their fellowman, & sometimes indulge in habits taht they know can be harmful to their health. When they do these things they hurt themselves as well as others. Should it be expected that humans would be immune to the consequences of what they do? Is it reasonable to blame God for these things that humans themselves do?

Galatians 6:7
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

or
7 Do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap;

Ecclesiates 8:9
All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.

or

9 All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.

Satan & his demons also share responsibility.

The bible discloses that much sufferingis because of the inflluence of wicked spirits.

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

or

12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

How did suffering and problems get started?
Examination of the causes focuses attention on our first human parents, Adam and Eve. God created them perfect and putthem in paradise surroundings. If they obeyed God, they would never got sickor died. They could of enjoyed perfect human life forever. Suffering was not part of God's purpose for mankind. But God clearly told Adam that continued enjoymentof what he had given them depended on obedience. They chose to go their own way when they refused to obey God's law. Sin lead to death. Everyone on earth due to Adam & Eve sinning was born in sin all of us experience suffering in various ways.

Romans 5:12
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

or

12 That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

Also
Ecclesiastes 9:11 says time and unforeseen occurences also have a bearing on what happensto us. We may get hurt, not because the Devil directly causes it or because any human does it, but because by chance we are in a place at the wrong moment.

Ecclesiates 9:11
11 I returned to see under the sun that the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle, nor do the wise also have the food, nor do the understanding ones also have the riches, nor do even those having knowledge have the favor; because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.

or

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all

Have we benefited because God has allowed it until now?
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

or

Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance

If God had immediatley executed Adam and Eve, following their sin, none of us wold be in existence today.The fact is God has allowed this sinful world to exist until now has afforded us the oppurtunity to be live and learn his ways, to make needed changes in our lives, and to avail ourselves of his loving provisions for eternal life.

These Bible accounts came from the New World Translation of the Scriptures

and

The King James Version

This is what we are learning in church so true!

God allows problems b/c if we're all totally honest with ourselves, we bring a lot of our problems into our lives. We have freewill. Do all of us ask God before we make decisions? I also believe that the length of time that we face our problems is a direct reflection of our development of faith. *proof scriptures coming when I get home*

God allows problems b/c if we're all totally honest with ourselves, we bring a lot of our problems into our lives. We have freewill. Do all of us ask God before we make decisions? I also believe that the length of time that we face our problems is a direct reflection of our development of faith. *proof scriptures coming when I get home*

I try to tell people this all the time!

Back