Why does the FHI RUNWAY cost $450??!!

Re: Why does the FHI PLATFORM cost $450??!!

Yes, I think you could get it directly from her. Her website is www.pinkcorset.com. I spoke with the owner, Maribel. I got her number and address directly from FHI. The Fhi iron isn't on her website though. She told me my iron would be here Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. (She ordered it for me). I asked her how she was able to give it to me for such a low price, and she said that it was b/c she sells corsets too. When it gets here, I'll be sure to post an update with a review of her customer service. She asked for a deposit of half the price, which I gave her over the phone so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do the same thing. :yep:

Thank you so much for this info! I was going to hold off on getting this but I might be able to do it sooner now. :)

Ladies, after you get yours and use them can you please post results or a review? I would love to hear how you like them.:yep:

You are soooooooooo welcome. I understand. I've been wanting the Runway for the longest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Foxxylisa, did you get a chance to try the flat iron yet:grin:? Please update us with your results. I hope to get one this week.

any updates? i just tried to make a purchase with maribel at pinkcorset and was told the runway is out of stock and she would let me know when i could make a purchase.

any updates? i just tried to make a purchase with maribel at pinkcorset and was told the runway is out of stock and she would let me know when i could make a purchase.

I just got off the phone with her. She told me the same thing. Apparently the ladies on here have overwhelmed her with orders. She got in a shipment of Runways last week, and they are GONE already. She added mine to the waiting list. So all we can do is wait. I will update when she calls me back.

:yawn:

Foxxylisa, did you get a chance to try the flat iron yet:grin:? Please update us with your results. I hope to get one this week.

She hasn't called me yet so I haven't gone down there to pick it up. I'll keep you posted.

I just got off the phone with her. She told me the same thing. Apparently the ladies on here have overwhelmed her with orders. She got in a shipment of Runways last week, and they are GONE already. She added mine to the waiting list. So all we can do is wait. I will update when she calls me back.

:yawn:

Dang, ya'll don't play!!!!!!! :lol: She need to give me commission for hooking her up! :lol:

I just talked to Maribel. She told me the same thing. She wasn't able to get her whole shipment in b/c they are sold out. I'll have to wait until December to get mine. I don't mind. It will be a Xmas present, instead of a birthday present. :yep:

I just talked to Maribel. She told me the same thing. She wasn't able to get her whole shipment in b/c they are sold out. I'll have to wait until December to get mine. I don't mind. It will be a Xmas present, instead of a birthday present. :yep:

does that mean her shipment wont be in until december or you've just decided to not purchase until december?? she didnt give me a date as to when the new order will be in.

does that mean her shipment wont be in until december or you've just decided to not purchase until december?? she didnt give me a date as to when the new order will be in.

She said her shipment won't be in until December.

Wow, there's a waiting list now!:blush:

Yep there is a definite waiting list:lachen:. But she is the only person that will sell it to us for wholesale price (without having to take a risk and order it from an unknown retailer). All the ATL folks wanted to charge me $400 and up, so I will gladly wait patiently:grin:

Anyone get their iron yet from Maribel?

Anyone else got the Runway recently and want to update us on its performance?

Anyone get their iron yet from Maribel?

Anyone else got the Runway recently and want to update us on its performance?

No one is getting an iron until December. That's basically what she told me. Her supplier will not have any until this time.

So um...who purchased their iron yet?:look: I know I'm patiently waiting till December, I knew I had to order it since I was informed that a large number of ladies from a "hair site" were ordering them up:giggle:

I have the FHI Runway- and I paid 450. It was one of my first purchases after becoming addicted to this site. :grin:

Like a lot of ladies, I RARELY flatiron or use any heat. However, at the time of purchase, I owned a 20.00 Gold n' hot "ceramic" :rolleyes: flatiron and the coated plates were turning brown. I decided since I became a member of this site that if I want to achieve my hair goals and be as independent as I can from a stylist, I was gonna have to up my game on some salon quality products. :yep:

I'm not talking down about Sedu, CHI, or Solia. I've never used any of them. I know they have good reputations and I hear very good results from other members, but I know that some of those BSS flat irons are not up to par. :perplexed

I did a lot of research and was also impressed with the site infromation. No other flatiron company broke it down like that (except for the Maxiglide). Besides, if I'm going to own a flatiron, I decided why not buy one that will last and provide the healthiest heat for my hair?

People are concerned about the cost but I don't see it being any different than people who use some super pricey Pibbs dryers. 450.00 may be a lot but I just can't bring myself to getting one of those bad boys yet.... :nono:

Sidenote: I also own a Maxiglide/Miniglide and I :love: IT!!! BUT I think it really doesn't count as a "flatiron" because of the detangling pins. I can get my hair done in half the time it takes to flatiron but nothing gets the roots super straight IMO quite like a quality flat iron. HTH

Sorry for being long winded- I've been AWOL lately. Miss you guys...

FHI Runway for $220.00. http://www.beautygalaxy.com/fhi_heat_runway_iron.aspx

Something about this felt weird to me, so I looked them up. DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?national=Y&compid=153215395

Customer ExperienceBack To Top This company appears to be out of business.

The Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Washington, DC has been contacted by consumers reporting difficulty in contacting the firm after ordering products from its web site. The BBB in Cleveland reports that the firm had had a location there previous to a change in ownership in January, 2008. We are contacting the firm for further information and consumer transaction information.

The BBB has been unable to contact the company concerning complaint(s). We have not been able to determine a valid address and/or phone number for this company.

Number of complaints processed by the BBB
since the firm's BBB file was opened in March 2008: 31
in the last 12 months: 31

Complaints Concerned:
Selling Practices (2 complaints)
2 Company did not respond

Service Issues (1 complaints)
1 Company did not respond

Customer Service Issues (1 complaints)

Credit or Billing Disputes (1 complaints)
1 The company could not be located or is out of business

Delivery Issues (24 complaints)
21 Company did not respond
3 The company could not be located or is out of business

Product Quality (1 complaints)

Guarantee or Warranty Issues (1 complaints)

Last edited:

(prays this thread goes unnoticed on page 239842 or something)

Yeah that runway edition is $450.00 , thats there highest one, they have a little video on the FHI Heat site on it, but I'm happy with my pink one that I paid 120 dollars for :yep: . I aint gone buy that 450 dollar one when my 120 dollar pink FHI one do the same as the runway FHI. The platform ones is around 195 dollars, the runway one is around the 450.

anyone know where i can get a good deal on the fhi 4/10 platform. I'm hoping this will work really well on new growth.

anyone know where i can get a good deal on the fhi 4/10 platform. I'm hoping this will work really well on new growth.

It is AWESOME on new growth! I went to a hairdresser yesterday and she used it on my nearly 4-months worth and it was a miracle tool. I've been eyeing one all day - I'm planning to use it after roller setting.

Best price I've seen so far: http://www.frizzy2silky.com/shop/fh...flat-iron-41034-w-nano-technology-p-4224.html

i just got a call from maribell and placed an order for the runway. I really wanted to get the 4/10 platform now for newgrowth and the runway in a couple of months but she only has the runway and will be getting the other selections in december. the cost was 260 including s/h

Yeah Maribel called me today as well and I finally placed my order. Everything was the same as you paid including S+H. It is such a blessing that she is willing to give us the wholesaler price. I also ordered a corset from her as well :)

shhhh.....don't tell the hubby!!!

Christmas has come early this year!

I got to get rid of this FHI platform
cry.gif

The platform is a step under the runway when I compare info. I want to sell that platform

wow. this thread was really useful. now i want the runway, after reading all of the rave reviews. i tried calling all of the salons listed on the fhi website in my area, but none of them sell it. i even extended the search to 50 miles away- nothing. amazon and beauty choice.com are both sold out. the only people with it in stock are selling it at $450 and up. i called marabel also, and she said she's been backordered, and the waiting list is for december. darn it.

Back