Why does shedding still freak me out?

Rezgirl

I mean, it's like being surprised that your bleeding when you're on your period!:grin: I have been trying to remain faithful to my protective styles so typically I lose alot of hair on wash days but for some reason I'm like :shocked: EVERY TIME. I have thick hair so I shed more than the norm probably and I don't comb through everyday so it's normal to lose like, I don't know, a small kitten, on wash day. It just seems that the longer my hair gets the more freaked out I get by these clumps! What will happen when I make mid back? Waistlength? My hair is healthy, it's doing great with protective styling - it's JUST shedding. I know it can really be a problem but the shedding I'm talking about is what you would see in your comb if you brushed it every day. Just annoys me that I'm still giving a reaction over this - had to vent!!

I mean, it's like being surprised that your bleeding when you're on your period!:grin: I have been trying to remain faithful to my protective styles so typically I lose alot of hair on wash days but for some reason I'm like :shocked: EVERY TIME. I have thick hair so I shed more than the norm probably and I don't comb through everyday so it's normal to lose like, I don't know, a small kitten, on wash day. It just seems that the longer my hair gets the more freaked out I get by these clumps! What will happen when I make mid back? Waistlength? My hair is healthy, it's doing great with protective styling - it's JUST shedding. I know it can really be a problem but the shedding I'm talking about is what you would see in your comb if you brushed it every day. Just annoys me that I'm still giving a reaction over this - had to vent!!

Don't worry, I know the feeling. I hadn't combed my hair for a good 2 weeks until yesterday when I washed and conditioned my hair and was still hoping not to see any hairs :nono:... I know, theres something wrong with me :grin:. As my hair gets longer, it gets worse too.
My mum had to keep me in check and remind that its normal!
On average, we lose... sorry, shed 100 hairs a day :look:, but 'm still trying to get my head around this.

Back