Why does my hair dry so fast?

MzLady78

I've noticed that it doesn't take a lot to dry my hair. I can literally towel dry it for like 1 minute, leave it alone and in no time at all, it will be almost completely dry. Is this normal or a sign that it's missing something?

Uh oh girl....sounds like you have a moisture deficiency.

Usually hair that dries really fast isn't that healthy....

Sorry...hate to be the bearer of unfavorable news.:sad:

Uh oh girl....sounds like you have a moisture deficiency.

Usually hair that dries really fast isn't that healthy....

Sorry...hate to be the bearer of unfavorable news.:sad:

Unfortunately, I have to agree...how fast is "fast" I you don't mind me asking?

Well damn!

I moisture everyday- sometimes twice.

QT- I'd say less than a half an hour.

*sigh* I just can't get this mess to act right, I'm ready to cut this shyt. :wallbash:

But before I do that, what do you guys recommend I try?

Well damn!

*sigh* I just can't get this mess to act right, I'm ready to cut this shyt. :wallbash:

Oh no babe, don't give up, don't cut it!! I know how you feel, i get down in the dumps about mine sometime too. My advice would be to find a good deep conditioner and get busy, what are you currently using?? My stylist just informed me that my deep conditioner isn't a deep conditioner at all, that could be your culprit, especially since deep conditioners are considered like the bulk of your moisture. (just a thought :ohwell:) And what moisturizers are you using?

Last edited:
Oh no babe, don't give up, don't cut it!! I know how you feel, i get down in the dumps about mine sometime too. My advice would be to find a good deep conditioner and get busy, what are you currently using?? My stylist just informed me that my deep conditioner isn't a deep conditioner at all, that could be your culprit, especially since deep conditioners are considered like the bulk of your moisture. (just a thought :ohwell:) And what moisturizers are you using?

I've been dc'ing with ORS Hair Mayo and using Surge, NTM Silk Touch and coconut oil.

Well damn!

That's not too bad, what length are you? My hair takes about 30-40 minutes if I airdry it loose (i'm in warn climate) and i'm BSL, when it's in a bun it takes a day.

*ETA: Just washed my hair about 1 1/2 ago and it still isn't dry..*

Naw girl don't cut it! Especially if that's all you in the avatar (cute pic!). Do you use protein at all? Also co-signing on the Porosity Control and Sistaslick's article...you'll be fine:yep:

Last edited:
Ditto to all the advice offered here.

If moisture isn't your issue, perhaps porosity and/or protein is.

That should be a relatively easy fix with these suggestions.:yep:

Ditto to all the advice offered here.

If moisture isn't your issue, perhaps porosity and/or protein is.

That should be a relatively easy fix with these suggestions.:yep:

That's definitely a porosity issue. Porous hair tend to be damaged and lack elasticity.

Back