Why does it do this - butter 1 min-wheat the next :(

ThursdayGirl

Why does my hair do this, when its wet or even slightly damp and conditioned it feels like butter, soft and smooth. After its 100% dry it feels like wheat... not so soft and smooth :( .

I use a moisturizing conditioner then put some oil on it....but it never keeps that truly moisturized feeling! :look: :perplexed:

This has happened to me before. I think it could be many reasons why this happens. Diet, how often you wash your hair, type of products/chemicals used, etc. but I think that where you may want to start is with a good moisturizing poo and conditioner. Maybe even try a pre poo treatment with a cheap conditioner i.e. Vo5 strawberries/cream mixed with honey and olive oil. This works for me. What poo/conditioner do you use?

This has happened to me before. I think it could be many reasons why this happens. Diet, how often you wash your hair, type of products/chemicals used, etc. but I think that where you may want to start is with a good moisturizing poo and conditioner. Maybe even try a pre poo treatment with a cheap conditioner i.e. Vo5 strawberries/cream mixed with honey and olive oil. This works for me. What poo/conditioner do you use?

This has happened to me before. I think it could be many reasons why this happens. Diet, how often you wash your hair, type of products/chemicals used, or that you may not be giving the conditioner enough time to penetrate but I think that where you may want to start is with a good moisturizing poo and conditioner. Maybe even try a pre poo treatment with a cheap conditioner i.e. Vo5 strawberries/cream mixed with honey and olive oil. This works for me. What poo/conditioner do you use?

I have been doing a CW with daily defense Tender Apple conditioner and then a deep conditioning treatment (conditioner with heat for 15-20 mins) with Elasta QP DPR-11 or Humecto. Last night I did the deep conditioning with AO GBP. Because I had been experiencing this weird feeling in my hair... I did a clarifying shampoo before the CW and DC.

DDTA makes your hair feel great when it is wet but you need to do a leave-in conditioner. I found that out the other day. When I added my leave-in it made my hair feel wonderful!!!!

My hair did this. I found that the water here is so hard that it was making my hair feel icky. Rinsing with distilled water took care of it. HTH!

Thanks ladies:

2 Nyambura: I have tried distilled water... it was so cold! How do you prepare it for use?

2 BlkMaryland...what is DDTA?

Thursday Girl----DDTA=Daily Defense Tender Apple.........I love it for conditioner washes but I have to use a leave-in. I let my hair air dry and if I don't use a leave-in conditioner, my hair feels dry.

Why not place some distilled water in a larg container or cup and let it sit out for a long time so it can be room temperature or place it in the microwave for a few seconds and test it to make sure it's not too hot before you use it.

Back