Why does it always have to be about

LucieLoo12

money?

I am so tired of people taking advantage of the people of God..I really am.

Please don't get offended.

I was watching the Word network at work just now and this preacher was talking about the $273 dollar seed

He went to...

Deuteronomy 27:3
And thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law, when thou art passed over, that thou mayest go in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, a land that floweth with milk and honey; as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee.

They said the 2 was for the scripture that says where 2 or 3 is gathered in his name, He is in the midst...7 means completeness and 3 means the Trinity of God.

And he said to recieve the promise you got to sow $273 dollars. I called the 1-800 number they provided and told why are they doing this and that it is wrong, they lady then said I had to call the main office to make a complaint..

This really has me upset. What about the ppl who dont have the money should they feel left out of from the blessing of God? When did God command money so that he may move for us? I understand tithing, but this is a complete scam....

Ok let me calm down...:nono::look:......

Last edited:
The voice of the Lord (not man) says:

Isaiah 55:1-2 said:
“Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labor for that which does not satisfy? Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourselves in rich food.

Acts 3:6 said:
But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”

I agree OP! That's why I started the thread on tithing and some people don't always have money to tithe. I didn't especially when I was homeless. That's when you can volunteer and give God more of your personal time. Just do something to acknowledge God's goodness! I do not watch alot of TV evangelists for this problem right here. I even went to one church in ATL and the Pastor was reading LOTTO numbers to the church members(I was a visitor)?! Like SERIOUSLY????? I almost walked out...We have got to wake up and give only according to the Word of God not made up doctrine. This is why I always add scripture and biblical reference to what ever I post concerning God and finances. The God of the bible is not a lotto God! Some people get so hurt and confused over this and I am so grateful that you are exposing the enemy for the liar he is!

@LucieLoo12

1 Tim 6:10 says: "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows"

That includes everyone..and does not exclude those watching that show and being persuaded to give after hearing those preachers. Which is why is it sooo important to have a personal relationship with God for ourselves...know the Word for ourselves, so that we cannot be drawn away by our own lusts. God is not a Genie in a bottle...while we are all aware that there are wolves in sheep clothing...The Good Shephard has said "my sheep hear my voice" ... ; so they will always give freely, without being begged or persuaded to.

Last edited:
At the OP, we will never agree or believe with everything. Nevertheless, the WORD Network preaches the gospel and to spread the word costs something. It is not cheap to do anything and people don't provide gospel discounts. When you get to heaven, you will see how much people were helped, prayed for behind the scenes on the prayer hotline and how many struggling Christians were encouraged to keep going in the face of defeat. In addition, it is possible that a small measure of people who view it give (I would guess less than even 10%). We never see the whole picture of anything. Only God knows...

If you didn't feel led to give, then you were right to not give anything. It's your right and you are entitled to. For some people, giving and sowing into others promoting the gospel has brought increase and prevented the curse of failure and loss from operating in their lives. I never criticize anyone for holding a view or opinion even if I disagree.

God is a gentleman. He will never force our hands--He will never stalk us or deceive us into giving. Neither will He ever encourage us to use illegal measures to give. So, you are right to express your views.

money?

I am so tired of people taking advantage of the people of God..I really am.

Please don't get offended.

I was watching the Word network at work just now and this preacher was talking about the $273 dollar seed

He went to...

Deuteronomy 27:3
And thou shalt write upon them all the words of this law, when thou art passed over, that thou mayest go in unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, a land that floweth with milk and honey; as the LORD God of thy fathers hath promised thee.

They said the 2 was for the scripture that says where 2 or 3 is gathered in his name, He is in the midst...7 means completeness and 3 means the Trinity of God.

And he said to recieve the promise you got to sow $273 dollars. I called the 1-800 number they provided and told why are they doing this and that it is wrong, they lady then said I had to call the main office to make a complaint..

This really has me upset. What about the ppl who dont have the money should they feel left out of from the blessing of God? When did God command money so that he may move for us? I understand tithing, but this is a complete scam....

Ok let me calm down...:nono::look:......

LucieLoo Yes, OP. That is why I stop following Paula White. She is notorious for this.

Back