Why do I keep getting knots?

TokyoReina

The past few weeks, my hair's been getting knots in it. Especially after I wash and rollerset. Everything seems okay when I'm detangling and rolling it. Then I'll unroll it and realize that multiple sections have knots in them. I'm considering adding more heat to my regimen to combat this as the only time it doesn't do this seems to be when it's straightened. I'm 7 months post and I'm still trying to find an easier way to deal with my hair. Even when I wear half wigs my hair will tangle underneath if I just pull it back and leave it alone.

Am I not detangling well enough? I wash my hair in sections and detangle each section before I start rolling my hair with leave-in conditioner and mane n' tail detangler.

Multiple strands. It's like a clump of hair. When i take the knot out, I pull strands and I'm left with this small ball of hair.

Could be the products u are using. Lack of mositure and/or not closing ur cuticle can lead to tangles. Try kimmaytube's leave-in

Not yet. 7 months post. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

That probably has everything to do with it. 7 months post is alot of newgrowth to deal with. Dealing with 2 textures is the worse! When I was transitioning my relaxed hair would always tangle. I never knew exactly how to stop the tangles except to cut my relaxed ends off...so I'm sorry I cant help.

KurlyNinja said:
That probably has everything to do with it. 7 months post is alot of newgrowth to deal with. Dealing with 2 textures is the worse! When I was transitioning my relaxed hair would always tangle. I never knew exactly how to stop the tangles except to cut my relaxed ends off...so I'm sorry I cant help.

I'm sure that does have a lot to do with it! I'm not ready to chop...if I ever am. I'm going to try a better leave in and incorporating a little heat when I wash it. Hopefully I'll be making my full wig soon though do I can wash it in braids and not worry about it.

do you think you could lessen the hair on the roller? increase the number of rollers perhaps?
i get tangles once my hair is wet. never when it is dry.....:ohwell:

Back