Why do i have a mullet?

KynniB

Ok so i cut about 5 inches off of my hair to get rid of all the dyed ends. The back of my hair is at my shoulders. The top of my hair is right at the bridge of my nose. Is it normal for the top of your head to grow slow?
*off to buy some megatek*:flyingwit

It's normal.

A from your crown has to be longer than a hair at your nape to have your hair blunt.

Now, for some reason whenever I say this, people don't get me. :lol: I'll try anyway.

Say that you are at full APL. A hair from the very top of your head had to grow all the way down your back. A hair from your nape is a few inches closer to your back, so it takes less time for hair at the bottom layers to reach the same point.

I did a diagram. The hair from the top of your head has a longer distance to grow if you are looking for blunt ends.

hairh.png

So... nothing is wrong with you. The hair at your crown/top layers isn't growing slower. It takes more time because it has a longer distance to grow.

I would just be patient and cut my hair blunt at a date in the future. Or, at least cut a bit off the ends of the lower layers so that it wouldn't look like a mullet.

I think I will cut my hair blunt when it fully reaches APL - BSL. Godwilling.

Good luck in your hair journey!

It's normal.

A from your crown has to be longer than a hair at your nape to have your hair blunt.

Now, for some reason whenever I say this, people don't get me. :lol: I'll try anyway.

Say that you are at full APL. A hair from the very top of your head had to grow all the way down your back. A hair from your nape is a few inches closer to your back, so it takes less time for hair at the bottom layers to reach the same point.

I did a diagram. The hair from the top of your head has a longer distance to grow if you are looking for blunt ends.

hairh.png

So... nothing is wrong with you. The hair at your crown/top layers isn't growing slower. It takes more time because it has a longer distance to grow.

I would just be patient and cut my hair blunt at a date in the future. Or, at least cut a bit off the ends of the lower layers so that it wouldn't look like a mullet.

I think I will cut my hair blunt when it fully reaches APL - BSL. Godwilling.

Good luck in your hair journey!

I get what your saying but its still not adding up. The bottom is about 8 inches and the top measures at like 5.

Back