WHY DO HAIR PINS PEEL OFF! ARRGH!

SND411

A True Soldier Never Dies
How come every brand of hair pin I have purchased has managed to have its black plastic cover peel off? And you know pined up styles don't look as presentable with the silver metal blinging all over the place!

What brand of quality hair pins do you know that do not peel off nor rust?

I use "Good Hair Days" pins. I may be paranoid, but I think metal bobby pins cause unnecessary damage.

eta: They are plastic and are tortoise-shell colored.

I purchased one of the premium brands in the round container from Sally's and I haven't had that problem. I was having the same issue with the others and figured I would just invest the money and get a better quality. They are expensive but you get quite a bit and I've had them for 3 months and have not had the peeling or snagging issue.

I use a lot of oil in my hair which is what i think makes most of the others peel. These seem to be better made.

And they will sho nuff snatch you bald! I cannot stand when I go to remove a pin and it takes a strand of my beloved tresses with it! Ugh, ticks me clean off! :nono:

I use "Good Hair Days" pins. I may be paranoid, but I think metal bobby pins cause unnecessary damage.

eta: They are plastic and are tortoise-shell colored.

I bought some of these and they were pretty good, but they still had flash on them from where they cut the runners off at the factory they are made in. (Jagged plastic) I used my trim knife from work( I work at a plastic factory) and a fingernail file to smooth mine down. I might have just gotten a bad pack but watchout! There was enough vestage there to cut you hand on.

I used every pin possible and it peeled. I finally switched to good days hair pins and haven't looked back since.

Ugh this happens to me a lot. The cover doesn't come completely off. It has that little hang that snags all my hair and I can't get the pin out. I have used all kinds from all different places. I hate it.

The Goody hair pins are the best. The only problem is they're expensive and they give you two different sizes. I only use one size and the other one goes to waste because they're too flimsy and don't hold anything in place.

So I end up throwing the other bundle of the flimsy ones away and I wish they sold all of the strong ones in the same pack. :ohwell:

Back