Why Didn't Ya'll Tell me About this? Profective Leave-In!

MizaniMami

Goldensensation, how could YOU not tell me about this!!!!:lol:

So, I decided I want to try using a cream moisturizer for my protective styles. My hair was getting too wet while moisturizing and I noticed my strands were feeling weaker/mushy, which would stay despite regular protein treats.

Anyways I WAS going to get the ORS carrot oil cream but this was calling my name! ->
187904.jpg
Profectiv BreakFree Daily Leave-In Strengthener

So I looked at the ingredients ->:eye:
(Water Aqua , Horsetail Extract Equisetum Hiemale , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Propylene Glycol , Polyquaternium-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Glycerin , Trimethylsilylamodimethicone , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearalkonium Chloride , Acrylamidopropyletrimonium Chloride , Acrylamide Copolymer , Lanolin Oil , PEG 40 , Collagen , Keratin , Wheat Protein Triticum Vulgare , Panthenol , Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride , DMDM Hydantoin , Corn Oil Zea Mays , BHA , BHT , Methylparaben , Propyl Paraben , Fragrance , D&C Red No. 33 , D&C Yellow No. 6)

And said, "what the hey" and it was a lot cheaper than the ORS.

I put some on my hair last nigth to try it out and as a pre-poo. I was bored:lol: . My hair felt like soft butter while washing. She I deep conditioned, yaddi yah, and airdried as normal.

This morning I woke up and applied this and sealed it with some kemi oyl....:yay: :thumbsup: :woot: :dinner: :up: !!!

This stuff is really good. Almost too good. You know how your hair feels when it is just moisturized but half way throughout the day it feels dry? My hair STILL feels like I just moisturized it.

This is a def. try. I don't know how it would work out on straight/wrapped/doobied/down hair since I am I am clipped up in a twist right now but this stuff is good. I def. recommend. it.

I put this on my wet hair after I shampoo, and it has always worked well for me. When I airdry this keeps my hair pretty moist. I also use it when I braid my daughters hair and it keeps her hair moist too. I like it. :)

oh gurrrll!! that's my staple, after shampoo leave-in! I switched to another brand briefly awhile back, but my hair was crying for the BreakFree!
My hair LOVES this stuff!
I use it to coat my hair right before relaxing also.

Profectiv's Healthy Ends and Mega Growth is good too! I love this line!

**waiting for "Queen Profectiv" Goldensensation**:lol::lol:

Mizani, you know that for the past 3 years profectiv Breakfree has been my ultimate staple! Not a day goes by that I dont use it. I use it as a leave-in after every wash, I use it to protect my previously processed hair when I relax, as a deep conditioner, for wet sets, etc.

It doesnt work good for straightened hair that is being worn out (at least for me, I frizz. But it works great for my mom). For straight "out" styles, I use Profectiv Long & Healthy.

Wait is this a leave-in after you wash and condition on wet hair OR is it a moisturizer??? ...or both? I'm sorry. I'm so confused.

apples said:
oh gurrrll!! that's my staple, after shampoo leave-in! I switched to another brand briefly awhile back, but my hair was crying for the BreakFree!
My hair LOVES this stuff!
I use it to coat my hair right before relaxing also.

Profectiv's Healthy Ends and Mega Growth is good too! I love this line!

**waiting for "Queen Profectiv" Goldensensation**:lol::lol:

:lachen: I use and love all of the following on a regular basis:

The more stars, the more I use it.

Profectiv Breakfree ***************
Profectiv Healthy Ends *************
Profectiv Long and Healthy ***********
Profectiv Growth Masque ******
Profectiv Clean and Healthy shampoo ****
Profectiv 60 second reconstructor **

I never liked this stuff but I guess I was using it wrong. I would put it on my dry hair only.. I didn't think it was a leave-in like NTM Silk touch or something.. Hmm.. I think I still have some of this stuff.

You guys don't think that its a little heavy for your hair?

tuffCOOKiE said:
I never liked this stuff but I guess I was using it wrong. I would put it on my dry hair only.. I didn't think it was a leave-in like NTM Silk touch or something.. Hmm.. I think I still have some of this stuff.

Secret diamond, it is both.
_______

Tuffcookie, my hair LOVES it. The best inner absorption is on wet hair and it really protects and moisturizes dry hair, too. I think the key is finding how much YOUR hair likes.

tuffCookie, It was very heavy on mine. I can't stand this stuff!! :nono:

I've got a full jar and one partially used...trying to find a good candidate to donate them to. :look:

tuffCOOKiE said:

I don't find ti heavy at all. Then again my hair is kinda coarse.:lol: Not kinda, very lol.

But I use this as a moisturizer. I COULD NOT stop touching my hair. I LOVED the way it made it feel. I def. think I will stick to this!

secretdiamond said:
Wait is this a leave-in after you wash and condition on wet hair OR is it a moisturizer??? ...or both? I'm sorry. I'm so confused.

it is made to be a leave-in, but I haven't used it as a leave-in yet. I am currently using it as a daily moisturizer!

goldensensation said:
Mizani, you know that for the past 3 years profectiv Breakfree has been my ultimate staple! Not a day goes by that I dont use it. I use it as a leave-in after every wash, I use it to protect my previously processed hair when I relax, as a deep conditioner, for wet sets, etc.

It doesnt work good for straightened hair that is being worn out (at least for me, I frizz. But it works great for my mom). For straight "out" styles, I use Profectiv Long & Healthy.

Is the Long N healthy kind of heavy????

I thought everybody had tried Profectiv Break Free by now :lol: It's been around forever. I used to use Break Free, Long N Healthy (pink one in the bottle) and Root Health (green) when I was relaxed. I've kept the LNH for when I wear my hair straightened, as it is glycerin-based (it is heavy though--use sparingly).

MizaniMami said:
Is the Long N healthy kind of heavy????

No, but the first time people use it, they tend to use too much- I know I did! It really penetrates the hair, so a little goes a very long way. In addition to when styling dry, I apply it to my hair, after I wash it and AFTER I apply breakfree. Sort of like a sealant... when more than oil is needed.

The other day, Denim&leather just posted a thread telling me how she likes Long and Healthy. :)

:lol: I've been talking about the one in the bottle, LNH mega moisturizer, all summer. This stuff is wonderful for curly styles.

I love Profectiv period, especially the breakfree and the yellow one (can't remember the name :lol: )

I have a combination of Breakfree and Roothealth on my recently relaxed hair now:grin: So many people were complaining about the smell (?) that I didn't want to sing its praises but I keep this in rotation. I also use the Long and Strong (I've only got 5 6 oz bottles left) and the Megagrowth.

I love Breakfree before and after the relaxer process. I use it as my leave-in after relaxing. If I'm feeling dry, I'll put on a cap, give it 15 min then air dry.

How is everyonle using it as a moisturizer or sealant? I use it along with oils...is this right?

tenderheaded said:
I have a combination of Breakfree and Roothealth on my recently relaxed hair now:grin: So many people were complaining about the smell (?) that I didn't want to sing its praises but I keep this in rotation. I also use the Long and Strong (I've only got 5 6 oz bottles left) and the Megagrowth.

I love Breakfree before and after the relaxer process. I use it as my leave-in after relaxing. If I'm feeling dry, I'll put on a cap, give it 15 min then air dry.

It smells good (ESPECIALLY the new and improved scent!). I think that some people just have really funny noses. :look:

_____

Tanji,

which profectiv product are you talking about? Breakfree? Breakfree is a moisturizer and cannot be used as a sealant. It can be sealed with oils or another oil based product.

goldensensation said:
No, but the first time people use it, they tend to use too much- I know I did! It really penetrates the hair, so a little goes a very long way. In addition to when styling dry, I apply it to my hair, after I wash it and AFTER I apply breakfree. Sort of like a sealant... when more than oil is needed.

The other day, Denim&leather just posted a thread telling me how she likes Long and Healthy. :)

SOLD!! I def. will be checking this out today.

tuffCOOKiE said:

I have some of it at home, I got it on sale at Target. I used it once on dry hair and it was too heavy, I guess I will try it as a leave in and see what happens.

What about the relaxer?

Does any one use their relaxers? I've been eyeballing relaxers and their's had a lot of conditioning ingrediants and they include the Breakfree as a pre-relaxer treat and a post relaxer leave in. They also include samples of the long and healthy and the growth and healing.. Pretty cool stuff it seams. I've never seen a relaxer with so many conditioners in it...

Back