Why can't men spell?

Why can't men spell . . .

• They're ignorant.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • They're lazy.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • They really just can't. It's part of their physiology.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Other (explain . . . PLEASE!)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get where women meet men who can't spell. I mean it's something I suppose I can get over but it's going to be a huge turn off initially.

I also don't agree with the math lover but can't spell idea. Maybe that's the reason? I know engineers and math majors who can spell and write... maybe not the best handwriting but still.

I was shocked and appalled when I read a letter from my friend's bf who is a lawyer and she giggled "He's horrible at spelling." I was like, for real? I have a brother who reads nothing beyond the newspapers and is an eng major however can articulate his thoughts on paper if he has to.

College.:look:

This is me!!!!! When I was in school I had a teacher that said some of the worst spellers are the most intelligent people you will ever met. So after that, I did not really care. Spell check works just fine for me.

As far as men, that really is not an issue for me. I know I am flawed and try not to judge others harshly. (Kanye shrug) What are your conversations like? Do you read? How are you received in your chosen profession? Do you have common sense and book sense? Are you open minded? Do you use words correctly? These issues are more important than can he spell.

I honestly think that is the main reason for misspelling.

My SO is always asking me how to spell something. But he keeps a dictionary nearby and consults it regularly when I'm not there.

It really helps if you read regularly imo, then you are constantly exposed to words and different/unusual words all the time.

I try and read at least one book a week.

I don't think its a male thing...I notice that people who normally can't spell hate reading but love math it depends.

It really helps if you read regularly imo, then you are constantly exposed to words and different/unusual words all the time.

i agree
i think that reading/spelling often go hand in hand

Okay so a guy just kept texting saying "your a lawyer?" "your xyw?"

Finally I couldn't take it and I wrote back: "It's 'you're' not 'your'"

You know what he wrote back?

"YOU ARE single!"

classic :lol:

Seriously, there's no excuse for serious electronic misspellings. Almost all computers and cell phones have spell check automatically while you type/text. It only takes a second to correct the misspelled word with a red line under it. I had a man online get mad at me because I rejected him due to his bad spelling. His excuse was that he was dyslexic. I'm like, that's the purpose of spell check. He told me he refused to use it. *Pressed ignore button* :look:

There's also no excuse for being a grown man and continuously ignoring the basic rules of English grammar. I have to think about the future. If you are too lazy (or stupid) to learn and/or use proper spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar online and sometimes while texting, I'm going to worry about your future job prospects. :lol:

If I get a text or an IM that is spelled horribly and I cannot or do not want to try to understand, I send it back to them and let them know I could not understand that crap and to try again. If it gets to the point that they can't or won't make the changes I just stop communicating with them.

Seriously, there's no excuse for serious electronic misspellings. Almost all computers and cell phones have spell check automatically while you type/text. It only takes a second to correct the misspelled word with a red line under it. I had a man online get mad at me because I rejected him due to his bad spelling. His excuse was that he was dyslexic. I'm like, that's the purpose of spell check. He told me he refused to use it. *Pressed ignore button* :look:

There's also no excuse for being a grown man and continuously ignoring the basic rules of English grammar. I have to think about the future. If you are too lazy (or stupid) to learn and/or use proper spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar online and sometimes while texting, I'm going to worry about your future job prospects. :lol:

And how he's gonna teach the kids to spell...

I wasn't going to post here but I saw the post title go past on ISpy around 1:05. And then I heard my male coworker across the wall sigh and say Man, I wish I could spell. :lol:

Just thought it was a funny coincidence.

It does seem like men are disproportionately bad spellers :lol: When I'm at work, I always become the spell checker (or just the plain speller) around the men. "How do you spell ... " or "Do you spell -blank- like a,b,c,d ... " Dang, we all went to first grade, what's the problem?

i think its because women are always sweating the small and men just look at the big picture i work with doctors and they can't spell worth a lick

a6898874-8818-9896.jpg

:lachen:

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

a6898874-8818-9896.jpg

:lachen:

Sent from my iPhone 4 using LHCF

Dang, that right there would make all the warm, fuzzy feelings disappear fast (lmao) It might be petty but that would always nag me if I said "yes." The first argument as a married couple would end with "That's why yo arse can't spell no way. I married a dumb mothasucka! Get cho dumb arse out my way. Move!"

OMG I thought I was the only one who noticed this! This is truly one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to a lot of men. Of course there are some men that can spell and use proper grammar but I find that I actually get excited when I meet a man that does. The men that don't, drive me up the wall. There is no reason why you're a grown man with a college and/or master's education, yet can't use proper punctuation, can't figure out when to use 'an' versus 'a' or 'their vs there', and misspell words that you should have learned to spell in elementary school. And whyyyyy do I have to reread what you wrote five times to understand what you're trying to say?? Ugh.....so annoying.

I hate to be judgmental, but I have a hard time fully respecting a man who purposely spells "is" with a Z. It is almost like they go out of their way to spell incorrectly at times.

I hate to be judgmental, but I have a hard time fully respecting a man who purposely spells "is" with a Z. It is almost like they go out of their way to spell incorrectly at times.

There stock goes down little by little when I see that lol.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm crying with laughter here. :lachen:

I've found that I've become so much more unapologetic as I've gotten older. If I'm conversing with someone on a dating site and their messages are littered with errors, I'm sorry, but I'm going to move on.

Let's face it we all make errors, but it's when you don't realise that you've made them that's the problem.

Back