Why are lacefront wigs considered better than "older" style wigs?

renee_n_3000

Every time I see people talking about lacefronts on the Entertainment Board, I wonder about this. My understanding from the discussions and photos here is that lacefronts show a piece of lace glued onto a woman's forehead, which looks strange and makes it obvious that she is wearing a wig. Since, presumably, older style wigs don't have this telltale piece of lace, why are they considered to be not as good, if not better, than lacefronts?

Because when a lacefront is applied just right, it blends so well into the hairline that it's close to undetectable. In comparison to the old-school wigs that were quite obvious at both the hairline and the doll-plastic like hair that they were made of....

Thanks, RelaxerRehab. I wonder why so many celebrities show such a wide strip of the lace then. That's just crazy.

I did not realize that old-school wigs do not really cover the person's hairline. I guess maybe women have them covering their hairline at the start of their day and feel it looks good, but they slip backwards as time goes on.

renee_n_3000 said:
Every time I see people talking about lacefronts on the Entertainment Board, I wonder about this. My understanding from the discussions and photos here is that lacefronts show a piece of lace glued onto a woman's forehead, which looks strange and makes it obvious that she is wearing a wig. Since, presumably, older style wigs don't have this telltale piece of lace, why are they considered to be not as good, if not better, than lacefronts?

I wondered the same thing. I have a full wig and most people think it's my hair, unless I say otherwise.

Lacefronts can also be styled endlessly bc they're done strand by strand. Yo can't do that with a regular wig. And some regular wigs look like wigs.

Yea I loooooove the fact that you can put a lace front up into a high pony tail or part the unit anywhere you want...just like your own hair!

Back