?? WHO'S USING WEN PRODUCTS ??

Drtondalia

I woke up in the middle of the night to a WEN infomercial. I think I may have seen someone on here say they used these products in their regi but I'm not sure who it was. If you use these products or used them in the past, please let me know what they did or didnt do for you.

THANKS!

I used WEN Sweet Almond mint several times during my journey. It's a great product. It does what it says, but if you use heavy products like butters and serums, you would eventually need a shampoo. But because it was so expensive, and not locally available, I stopped using it.

I used WEN for a while it irritated my scalp and eyes even though it never got in my eyes. It has too much menthol in it the cleansing cons do. It's really not doing anything more than any good regular cond the only product I liked was the remoist but I read the ingredients and it has Shea butter and some Ayurvedic herbs in it. Also I had tons of shedding

I did the compare I spend less on all the good parts of that remoist wo the hefty price Ayurvedic oil and African east Shea butter and eg old suave than I eve did on 1 bottle of WEN. Do the ingredients comparison yourself. Save your money it's not worth it.

Last edited:
I don't use WEN, but I use Sally's generic version called Hair One (Jojoba). I really like it, but my oldest DD hates it. I guess it's like anything else - works for some, but not others.

I don't use WEN, but I use Sally's generic version called Hair One (Jojoba). I really like it, but my oldest DD hates it. I guess it's like anything else - works for some, but not others.

The one from Sallys has the same ingredients or better??

I have two bottles of WEN my mom passed on to me, didn't care for it much either. It's not bad but there's products that work better for me!

Drtondalia

from www.wenshampoo.org:

Taking a closer look at Hair One vs. WEN ingredients and you will find that they are both virtually identical. Each product both shares water, glycerin, Cetyl alcohol and almond glycerides to name a few. They also list the same key ingredients chamomilla Recutita, rosemary extract and prunus amygdalus dulcis. There are however, some advantages of owning one over the other.

Hair One is considerably cheaper sold at only $11.99 a bottle compared to its more expensive $49.99 for a one time supply or $29.99 a month for continued auto shipping. The product produces the same effects on the hair providing similar results at more than twice off the WEN price tag. When comparing Hair One vs. WEN ingredients there are only minor differences in the formula that makes them a bit different. Hair one has simmondsia chinensis seed oil, which is also known as jojoba. WEN does not list that has a key ingredient.

WEN also has more filler ingredients that do not add value to the product. Fillers are primarily used in products to bind the ingredients together or to prevent them from caking. Hair One has a few more ingredients that are directly linked to producing softer more manageable hair without the feelings of heaviness and oil buildup. Consumers also do not have to worry about being billed continuously for products that are auto shipped. They can use the Hair One product that offers the same results and buy as they go.

The WEN hair care line only includes six key ingredients with over thirty additives. When comparing the Hair One vs. WEN ingredients Hair One has more beneficial ingredients for your hair and less fillers. Their biggest difference is in the price tag and customer satisfaction. Many consumers are much happier with the least expensive Hair One and feel they made a good decision in buying it over the more expensive version. They also enjoy the option of buying as needed and do not feel forced to keep the product. That is also a bonus when you have a product that does not seem to live up to its reputation.

I use both Wen and Hair One Olive Oil. WEN is Awesome, I love the moisturizing effect it leaves on my hair. I used HO-OO for over a year before using Wen. I definitely love them both but there is a difference in the feel.

I am no good with comparing ingredients but I have used them both and they are both good, honestly I do like the WEN.

Wen Does live up to it's reputation while Hair One has hundreds of reviews. Wen has hundreds more. The great thing is if you desire to try wen and don't like it, with in 60 days you'll get a refund. HO as well. So no money loss on either products :)

Wen is a Winner. Hair One Olive oil is comparable.

Last edited:
I use it and love it. It was recommended by my stylist and actually has made a difference in my hair moisture and retention. At first I was skeptical because I had never heard of it before and then I saw the price, but no regrets over here.

I have an almost full bottle of the Wen Sweet Almond stuff. I don't like it at all. It made my hair feel weird.

I use WEN fig and pomegranate cleansing conditioner as my cleanser. It is very moisturizing and cleansing as well. I was turned onto it by my mom (who had been using it for about a year).

Janet' I am dying to try the Wen Fig, I use the SAM and am on the Auto. Have you used any other?

How do you compare the Pom, and the Fig?

JJamiah, Honestly, I could take either one...the fig or the pomegranate. The other ones are great, too but the fig and pomegranate give my hair the moisture that's necessary for me. To me, they are equally as wonderful :yep: :yep:

Ehemmmm @Ravengirl So whatcha gonna do with it :grin: :lick::lick:

I loves it and wouldn't want it to take up space in your closet. :)
Yeah, I don't know why I had such a bad experience with it but I remember that I was not impressed. :ohwell: I'm gonna have to mix it with a conditioner that I do like and get rid of it that way.

Whie Hair One is comparable to Wen, Wen wins, at least for me. I would love it if I preferred Hair One because I can run to any Sally's and pick it up. It's cheaper, the bottles are smaller and take up less space. And, the product is good. My hair gets clean and my hair likes it.

Wen wins because I am attracted to its creamy, moist consistency and how luxurious my hair feels when I add a litte water to it once it's in my hair. It doesn't lather, but becomes super creamy and smooshy giving off the effects of a lather. When I wash my hair, I really focus in on what the product is doing; how it's making my hair and myself feel. Afterall, the entire process of my hair is taking me at least an hour. I want to enjoy the experience. I can comb my hair with Wen in my hair, it's silky and the menthol in it is like aromatherapy for me.

My hair detangles, no problem! My favorite is the Fig and then Pomengranate.
The best part of Wen is that it doesn't feel like a co-wash. My hair has always hated that co-wash feeling and has always preferred products that are designed as a cleanser, like Wen. My experience with it is not the same as if I picked up a conditioner and called myself washing my hair with that. Nor, is it like the feeling of washing with a no-suds sulfate-free shampoo. The feeling is cleaner with no scalp issues. Yes, my scalp feels clean like I used a sudsy shampoo, except I didn't.

I also like the Wen Re-moist Hydrating Mask. This is ultra expensive. 4 oz for something like $70.00. It is very, very, thick. But it is great. (I got mine in a kit, 2oz. so, no I didn't pay the $70.00. I haven't brought myself to pay those $$ but I haven't ruled it out, as a treat for my b-day, maybe. I still have a nice bit of the 2 oz left, for at least
2 more condish treatments, that shows how rich it is). My hair felt and looked lovely after use.

All in all, I guess it's just what you want to spend your money on, what you want to try.
I get my Wen products from QVC. They usually have some awesome Wen specials that you won't find anywhere else. I also love the Hair Oils and get compliments whenever I use the products in my hair. Bottom line, both Wen and Hair One are good for your hair. They both get the job done.

I am a Wen lover for years. My favorites are Fig and now Pomegranate. I've never used the Tea Tree Oil version. I don't care for the Sweet Almond Mint. The Lavender and Cucumber Aloe are pretty good. The Lavender gives my fine, thin hair a lot of volume which I love, but Fig is my absolute favorite.

Everyone likes different things and some things work differently for different people.
I tried the Hair One and it didn't appeal to me as much as the Wen, but my Aunt loves it.

To each, their own.

I have WEN Fig and WEN Sweet Almond. Not bad products, but Sweet Almond wasn't moisturizng enough and both formulas irritated my scalp. I think it was the menthol and the essential oils. I only like essential oils in small doses mixed with conditioner, and then rinsed out (pre-poos).

I really liked the Olive Oil formula from Hair One. I would repurchase that when I use up my current stash of hair cleansers. Wait...I think I didn't repurchase before because of the smell???? It also has essential oils and I think menthol, too, but I don't remember having an adverse reaction. The Olive Oil formula was very moisturizing.

I use Wen Fig Mainly for a number of years I LOVE IT very moisturizing it has done wonders for my hair.

I have used both. Hair one olive oil is more moisturizing for my hair than Wen, but I love the thick feel of Wen during a co wash. I am just one of those girls who uses both.

Hi! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! I thought this might be helpful. If you do not want to commit to the autopay, you can also buy WEN products off Amazon. I started off with the trial, but eventually moved to purchasing the conditioners I wanted to replenish from Amazon....and I absolutely love Wen, makes my scalp feel great.

I use WEN Fig, Tea Tree, and Lavender cleansers occasionally.

My favorite is the WEN Fig b/c it turned my hair around when I was going through a dry spell.

Now that my moisture retention is balanced I can't use the WEN Fig cleanser weekly b/c my hair would be over-moisturized.

On the other hand, the Fig cleanser is great to use before a protein treatment and the Lavender is great when I'm only 1 - 2 weeks post relaxer.

If I use products with silicone or heavy oils I'd prefer to use a shampoo b/c the WEN cleanser doesn't remove it all.

Overall, I like WEN and will keep the Fig cleanser in my stash.

OK so thanks for all the info ladies. I think I'm going to order the Fig Cleanser since so many people had great things to say about it. ........Off to Amazon!!

I use both Wen and Hair One Olive Oil. WEN is Awesome, I love the moisturizing effect it leaves on my hair. I used HO-OO for over a year before using Wen. I definitely love them both but there is a difference in the feel.

I am no good with comparing ingredients but I have used them both and they are both good, honestly I do like the WEN.

Wen Does live up to it's reputation while Hair One has hundreds of reviews. Wen has hundreds more. The great thing is if you desire to try wen and don't like it, with in 60 days you'll get a refund. HO as well. So no money loss on either products :)

Wen is a Winner. Hair One Olive oil is comparable.

I have to agree with you. Both products are good but WEN for me is more moisturizing. I won't take anything from the Hair-One people because they really have a good product too.

What is over-moisterized hair like? Could you give me a decription please?

You know what spaghetti feels like when you cook it too long? How it just falls apart between your fingers and it's lost it's strength? Or when a baby just sucks on a Cheerios and it turns to a gloppy mush of nothingness and you have to pick it up :look:? That's what overmoisturized hair feels like. Mushy grossness. Although natural, my hair is highly susceptible to it, so I have to be careful. Trust me, it's not a good look :nono:.

Back