Who's given up????

I sympathize with you ladies having problems with men. I can't say that I have problems cause I havent had a date in more than 2 years. That makes me wanna give up. And the one guy I ever been with I was in a relationship w/ for three years. I'm starting to think "Is anybody else gonna ever want me?"

I try to cast down such defeating thoughts but to be honest they do pop up from time to time.

whats a date?
No really, what is that. I havent had a real relationship ever. I havent really met anyone that truly stimulates me mentally and that is a big thing for me. it is hard because i have seen so many of my friends and family date and get married and i am still stuck single wondering where i went wrong.
I have already given up with relationships espically with my age bracket.. I have accepted that i probably won't get married and that is all there is to it.

Last edited:
I had given up. I had become content with being by myself. I mean I had to.. The guys I had been seeing just weren't doing it for me. And then this weekend out of the blue.. I was minding my own business when I met a man who has given me hope… I don't know where it's going or even if it will work out but the point is that he's given me hope…if he's not the one, I have hope there will be someone else.

It's funny that he called right while I was reading this thread and I told him I was just thinking about him.. He asked me about what? And I told him I was surfing the net and was reading a message board and I thought about him.. He asked what was the topic but I didn't tell him…. Lol I told him I'd tell him one day but not today.

He has my nose WIDE open right now because he has every single last quality that I look for in a man and it's hard to pace myself. He's sooooo fine, loves his mama, looking for Mrs. Right, loves to cook, loves to spoil women, is very affectionate, etc… so I asked him, "What's wrong with you? Why are you still single?" And he looked at me(with his big brown chestnut eyes) and asked me, "No, What's wrong with YOU? Why are YOU still single?"…lol It made me realize that there's still good men out there looking for good women and they ALL aren't married, gay, in jail, etc… And that gives me hope.. So if he turns out to be bi-polar or an escaped convict or something… I won't give up.

I'm glad I started this topic. I've stayed out of it this long deliberately. I have to admit I wrote it up during one of my lonely nights.

I must say over the past 2ple of wks or so I've taken a good look at my life, and guess what, it ain't that bad or lonely.
So I have to conclude by saying that I haven't given up but won't stress myself any longer waiting for Mr. Right. I know he's out there and we'll bump into each other when the time is right.

Thanks to everyone who's posted a resp so far it's really helped me mentally and emotionally.

I'm so glad I joined this forum.

Back