Who's ever went to school at the Aveda Institute?

Sui Topi

Just curious. What was it like? Did you get a job right away? How is it going for you now? I think I'm going to go in a few years when DS and whatever else this is in my stomach are in school. Or when their grandparents retire lol... which ever comes first. I thought about it this morning. Did you guys know that being a hair stylist or things related are actually recession proof jobs? I love the whole philosophy of Aveda and would love to be a part of their movement lol.

I would love to hear if anyone went there as well. I just sent an email to the company asking for more of an AA presence since we love their products too.

I was definitely thinking about going here but chickened out when my mother crushed my dreams with her negativity. I still think about going though. I love anything hair related ever since I was a child I always thought of one day becoming a stylist.

Aveda is VERY expensive to attend. While I too love the products and concept they market, Aveda will do what most schools do and that is to teach you to pass state board. You can attend advance classes for any professional product after you get your license.

Public/Voc/Tech schools normally have cosmo classes that are inexpensive. Depending on what your long term goals are, you can only use and retail Aveda if you are an Aveda salon. An Aveda salon is suppose to ONLY use Aveda products, period.

Aveda is VERY expensive to attend. While I too love the products and concept they market, Aveda will do what most schools do and that is to teach you to pass state board. You can attend advance classes for any professional product after you get your license.

Public/Voc/Tech schools normally have cosmo classes that are inexpensive. Depending on what your long term goals are, you can only use and retail Aveda if you are an Aveda salon. An Aveda salon is suppose to ONLY use Aveda products, period.

I COULDNT AGREE MORE!

That school is very expensive just to pass boards. OP you should consider some Vocational schools like suggested. Trust me i really dont think someone seeing Aveda on your resume is going to guarantee you a job.
I have cousins that went to Aveda, Paul Mitchelle, and Empire that are unemployed :ohwell:

I agree with the ladies above...on my cosmetology school search I thought that going to a big name school would be the best but many stylists have told me they teach the same as technical schools. Basically, save money by going to the tech school because really you learn more after graduating and continue your education by taking training classes and attending hair shows etc...

Really, you're paying for the name of the school and that extra money could help get stated with training classes and what not.

ITA!

The women & men at my school have gotten positions in top salons in my city and we're all Empire. Pass state boards and continue your specialty or continued education or whatever elsewhere.

The only thing, person or logo that can make your education valuable and your career soars is LHCF! Nosa, is you!

I graduated from the school of Aveda in 1998 in Ann Arbor, MI. I got my license in estiology. I did find a job right away, and I still do makeup and spa techniques as a side hustle. I have since gone to college and obtained a BA and MBA. I loved the school because they taught me soooo much about natural skin care, nails, and my favorite part, makeup. They helped me find a job once I graduated. The school's name will place you into a great salon.

Back