Whoopeee!!! I can finally make a decent sock bun!!!

I am so freaking excited!!! I relaxed my hair on Wednesday, and it's ALOT longer. I can finally make the Exalted Sock Bun!!! with no combs, brushes, gel, pins OR SCRUNCHIES!!! I mosturized my hair, sealed my ends, and the hair wrapped around the sucker and stayed in ALL DAY!!! :eek: (see siggy for pic)

This is the first real progress that's registered in my head. I just had to come out and thank you ladies for patiently responding to my nutty questions, and (usually) asking the important ones before I've even thought of them.

Oh, and Henna, S-Curl, Nexxus Humectress, and Coconut Oil are lifesavers, for real!

HHG to all!

Congrats......That looks good. Where did you find the instructions on doing it? I want to make one but I need a tutorial because I'm bun challenged :)

nycutiepie said:
Actually, I just checked out dontspeakdefeat's album and her bun is not the one I want. I want to know how to do the sock bun.

Really? I could've sworn I saw it in her album! The concept is the same as the assisted bun pics in her album, you just use the end of an old sock instead of the foam donut.

Lkaysgirl said:
You just tucked you hair under the sock and it stayed there?

:yep: I was surprised, too! I wrapped my hair around the sock and walked away to get some pins. That's when I discovered I didn't need them. :lol:

And thanks for all the compliments, everybody!!! It's been a long year. Hopefully, I'll be at APL soon, then I'm setting my sights on BSL. Pray for me!

Making the bun isn't hard at all. Cut the toes off of 2-3 socks, and put one inside the other. Roll them downward from one end (it's a twisted comparison, but think of how condoms are rolled up! :p ) until you have a donut -- making the roll really tight makes the donut form look better. When I was done, I wrapped mine with an old satin scarf so the socks wouldn't suck the moisture from my hair.

Good luck! ;)

Your hair has made a 100 degree turn around. It has gotten so thick and healthy and seem to grow SO fast! I am sure you will be at APL sooner than you think. You are doing a great job....

mightyisis6874 said:
And thanks for all the compliments, everybody!!! It's been a long year. Hopefully, I'll be at APL soon, then I'm setting my sights on BSL. Pray for me!

Good luck! ;)

Back