Who uses rinses/semipermanent hair color?

Marand13

I used to use a clear rinse/semipermanent color faithfully once a month and I do remember that they helped my hair alot. I noticed a decreased amount of breakage and my hair was alot shinier and felt much better and healthier. I recently got back into them and I also noticed that my curls were more defined after using it.

I just want to know how many use rinses/semipermanent hair color? What is the best brand to use?
If you use them on a regular basis, has there been an improvement in your hair?

I've been using rinses for about seven years. I love jet black hair. I'm not sure of any real advantages besides, not having to use such harsh chemicals as a permanent dye. Maybe I should look into the clear rinses also.

i usually use clairol natural instincts neutral black I just did actually! I do notice my hair seem stronger after i do it. This is the first time i've done a semi perm as a natural and it definately made my curls pop more.

I cant find any clear rinses though around here. I used to see alot more of them. What brand do you use for the clear?

I also use clairol natural instincts but in Dark Brown. I don't think there has been advantages by using it but it is better on my hair than a permanent hair color...and my hair continues to thrive. I plan to start using color showers next month.

I used to use a clear rinse/semipermanent color faithfully once a month and I do remember that they helped my hair alot. I noticed a decreased amount of breakage and my hair was alot shinier and felt much better and healthier. I recently got back into them and I also noticed that my curls were more defined after using it.

I just want to know how many use rinses/semipermanent hair color? What is the best brand to use?
If you use them on a regular basis, has there been an improvement in your hair?

For years, I've used KISS Express Semi-Permanent Color Rinse in black, found in the BSS. On occasion, I use Clairol Beautiful Collection, but I prefer the KISS because it doesn't wash out as quickly. I use it every 8-10 weeks, when I retouch my relaxer. This rinse contains protein, and my hair is noticeably stronger and thicker after using it. Because of the protein content, I always followup with a moisturizing DC.

I stopped doing permanent dyes a while back and i use Clariol Beautiful collection & Jazzing Hair rinses in either Jet Black or Blue Black.

Like OP said, there is no advantage. Just color. Rinse is a rinse. No added benefit except color. I like that Clairol adds stuff like jojoba oil and uses no peroxide and stuff.

Black, shiny hair looks good to me and gives the appearance of looking healthier.

I use Clariol Natural Instincts in black, I changed from permanent because it was making my hair feel hard. I like the fact I can get lasting color without the damage.

I have been using VIA brand in crystal #10. I have seen clear in just about every brand but, they seem to be off to the side. I never seem to notice them at first. Trying to pick a new/better brand.

Last edited:
I have used Clairol's Jazzings in Blue Black before, but I found that the color bleeds to easily for me. I had black stains all over my pillowcases when I used it. Now, when I want something that doesn't wash out as fast, I'll use a demi-permanent color by L'Oreal called Color Gems (in blue black).

Back