Who uses conditioner as a leave-in???

kamillya14

Based on another thread, I tried V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner as a leave-in, and sealed with EVOO....It IMMEDIATELY made my hair feel soft, and I'd love to use this as a daily conditioner, but I don't know if it's too much... I mean, it is supposed to be washed out after all. I just wonder- can your hair OD on it? :spinning: If using it daily is too much, I can deal with using it weekly....BUt daaang I never had soft hair like this before...We'll see how it feels in the morning after it's been in a while.

Anyway, I know there's another post on this, but I can't find it now....So who all is using conditioner as a leave-in, and are you using it daily, weekly or what? And what kind are you using?

i use HE hello hydration as a leave-in on a daily basis and i love it! i've been doing this for months with no problems. i shampoo about once a week or whenever i feel like the conditioner is causing build-up. i also co-wash daily. i haven't found a leave-in that works as good as my beloved HE so i don't plan on switching this up anytime soon.

:yep: I do. I use Kenra MC, GVP Humectress and Suave Humectress this way. I seal with whatever I have handy, I often use Softee Shea Butter (has petrolatum in it, but it seals great.) It works for me.

How often do you wash, co-wash, rinse, etc. For me, I only wash once a week, so I'll be washing the conditioner out only after like 5-6 days after I've first put it in... I wonder if that's okay??

Glad to see others are doing it too - I'm not crazy! hahaha...

vo5 is harmess IMO...not necessarily a conditioner u need to worry about overloading on if used daily. I also use vo5 silk protein line as a leave-in

I've just started using Creme of Nature conditioner as my leave-in. I only use it on wash day. I seal with coconut oil and my hair is SOOOO soft.

I do, I do. When I'm wearing my hair in its naturally curly state, I never rinse the conditioner out of my hair completely. I even add a little more back in as a leave-in. Works for me.

I only started doin this a few days ago. I put some of my herbal essence conditioner in a spray bottle with water and I spray it on my hair as a leave in. It makes my hair lovely and soft but also leaves it a bit dull looking.

I use Suave humectant in a old spray bottle mix with vegetable glycerin, and water for both my leave-in and daily moisturizer. It does great for my prior dry hair. Since wet bunning with it I don't have dry hair anymore. My hair requires more moisture than protein so I use only moisture based products. The only protein I use is MT and that's only once a week now. I also co-wash up to 2 times a week and when I have NG I use S-curl on my NG.

*Raises hand* Me! I use whatever cheapie I cowash with.

I only started doin this a few days ago. I put some of my herbal essence conditioner in a spray bottle with water and I spray it on my hair as a leave in. It makes my hair lovely and soft but also leaves it a bit dull looking.

Try using a little honey after you spray the leave-in...in. :look: Sometimes I soak my hair with conditioner so I get put it up and away when I am being lazy and if it looks white afterwards I just put a litte honey on top and no more white

when mine is curly v05 moisture milks are my fav to leave in but i also co wash daily....

blasiancurlie u got me wanting to try that hello hydration though..may pick sum up today

I use conditioners as leave-ins too. I like Aussie Moisture, Suave coconut with a little honey, Suave humectant, and Sunsilk for curls (its in the green bottle) But I have discovered Giovanni Direct Leave-in and I like that too. I Co-wash everyday and I love the results.

I cowash about 4x a week and leave a glob of whatever I cowashed with in..usually HE LTR or Trader Joes Nourish. I wash and rollerset once a week with no issues.

I use VO5 Moisture Milks conditoner as a leave-in and I love it.

Based on another thread, I tried V05 Moisture Milks Conditioner as a leave-in, and sealed with EVOO....It IMMEDIATELY made my hair feel soft, and I'd love to use this as a daily conditioner, but I don't know if it's too much... I mean, it is supposed to be washed out after all. I just wonder- can your hair OD on it? :spinning: If using it daily is too much, I can deal with using it weekly....BUt daaang I never had soft hair like this before...We'll see how it feels in the morning after it's been in a while.

Anyway, I know there's another post on this, but I can't find it now....So who all is using conditioner as a leave-in, and are you using it daily, weekly or what? And what kind are you using?

Back