Who Uses Coconut Oil...

ms_kenesha

Who uses cocnut oil as a hair dressing & not just a pre-poo treatment? I used it as a hairdressing yesterday while doing my hair (not using too much because Coconut Oil will GREASE up your hair). I did this because I know it's great for pre-poo as well as knowing that a lot of Indians use this as a hairdressing. So far so good as a hairdressing, since it's cold as crap here (40's turing into the 30's this week) in the DC Area I wanted something HEAVY DUTY.

Has anyone else used this continuously with sucsess or no-success???

i've used Monoi, which has a coconut oil base, but not on the regular. in fact, i ran out of the stuff and never replaced it...

adrienne

I used it back in the spring as a leave-in before pressing. I don't remember anything bad about it.

I still have some left in the fridge. I think I'll start using it again.

Thanks for the replies. I have it in my hair as we speak, but I'm washing my hair tonight. I think I'm going to do a pre-poo with Olive Oil and do leave-in/hairdressing of WGO, Coconut, Olive & Carrot Oil. On Wednesday or Thursday I'll use the Coconut Oil just as a hairdressing.
Oh, I forgot to add that my hair is really moisturized w/ the coconut as well as it being "shakey" as well. And it's hard to get the combination of very moisturized and having movement as well, that's what I'm loving about it!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

In the past I used coconut oil (pure 100%) as an oil for dry hair. My hair can take a lot of oil and I use to sit under the hairdryer under a plastic cap for 15 minutes and it really moisturized my hair. If u use a lot u will have greasy hair. In the cold weather if it isn't absorbed it will harden on your hair but as soon as the oil warms (u get into a car or into a building) up it will soften. I liked it and am starting to sit under a heating cap with it again due to the dry winter. I purchased it from Wholefoods and here is the kind I used-100% coconut oil-no fragrance or anything else added. I liked it on my hair-makes it shiny.
http://www.myvitanet.com/cocoilor14oz.html

Kenesha,
I use coconut oil every once in a while. I like it alot.
Yes, too much of it will make your hair greasy, but so will most other oils. Coconut is a rather light oil compared to olive, avacado, castor, ect...
I hear you about the weather. Bundle up down there in DC. It getting pretty cold in the New York/New Jersey area also. Take care.

Pallas

I use it on my scalp every other day and on my hair every day and I love it. It makes it soft and shiny. It does make it greasy but its not bad.

Back