Who Uses Acv In Their Hair Regimen?

I use it as a rinse sometimes... Like when I leave my oils on my head, covered, for almost 24 hours cause I'm too lazy to wash it out :lol: I shampoo and do an acv rinse just to make sure I "kill" anything that might have thought to give me an irritated scalp.

I do an ACV rinse every wash day (biweekly). So far, I have used mixtures by Hairveda, Cream & Coco, Blue Roze Beauty and J. Monique's Naturals and I have some mixtures by Koils by Nature and Natural Oasis.

I used it as a rinse early in my hair journey. I would use it as a rinse after I shampoo.
Then I started using it as a final rinse after I rinsed out my DC. It made more sense because ACV closes the cuticles and I wanted them left open after my shampoo so my DC could penetrate better. So I would do it once I rinsed out my DC. I didn't smell vinegary or anything like that.

I thought about revisiting it.

I use it sometimes as a gentle cleanse on my hair when I'm trying to take a break from shampoo or mud washing. I also use about 1/4 cup in my clay mix. I haven't tried it as a rinse yet but I keep saying I need to try it on my ends to see how that works out.

I use it about twice a month to Close/Seal Cuticle after DC'ing with Heat to lower Ph Balance and to balance out my porosity.

Even though I DC with Heat regularly, I've cut down on the amount of ACV Rinses I do now to twice a month.

I use a Pre-Mix too. Right now I'm using Koils By Nature's ACV Rinse. I also love, love, love Hairveda's ACV Rinse and I also use one by BlueRoze Beauty.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies I see there are many ways & reasons to use it, I have an extremely itchy scalp and like some of you mentioned above it helps with that. I think I will try it as a hair & scalp rinse 1st then see how my hair may like the possible benefits of leaving it on.

I use it as a prepoo to help with my seborrheic dermatitis and then follow up with Nizoral 2% and no more flakes or itching. I love it and so does my scalp.

Back