Who uses a moisturizer with mineral oil

kenkaikim

I am interested in knowing who uses a moisturizer with mineral oil and their hair is thriving. Could you also list the name of the moisturizer?

I have been trying to avoid mineral oil because of all the things that I have heard about it, but I tried ORS Olive Oil in the jar yesterday and so far so good. I also have BB Oil Moisturizer and Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer stashed away. Does anyone use those?

I was using S-Curl followed by an oil as a sealant, but I don't like the way it's feeling on my hair lately. I need help finding a moisturizing moisturizer!

I do, and it's hands down the best store bought moisturizer I've ever tried. It keeps my hair soft, smooth and moisturized. My 5 yo dd with 4a chronically dry hair is a thing of the past. Her hair stays soft and moist all day. I love squeezing her twists, cause they're so springy and squishy and soft :D It works for everyone in my house, for me (relaxed) my 5 yo (natural 4a) my 1 yo (natural 3c) and my dh (natural 4z) All of our hair is soft and very moisturized like never before!

What is this miracle in a bottle you ask? Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Mifacle Worker! :yay: :yay: :yay:

If I am not mistaken, Keracare's Jojoba Oil Moisturizer has mineral oil in it. It has been a staple of mine for about two years. It is light and great at moisturizing. I either use it in conjunction with another leave-in moisturizer or, when my hair is flat ironed, by itself.

It all depends on what your hair can tolerate.

I use ORS Olive Oil in the jar and thats the best moisturizer I've tried so far. I been using it for about 2 1/2 years now and I dont want try any other moisturizer.

I use ORS Olive Oil in the jar and thats the best moisturizer I've tried so far. I been using it for about 2 1/2 years now and I dont want try any other moisturizer.
ITA. My hair has done nothing but thrive! If ORS Olive Oil in a jar is wrong, i don't wanna be right!:grin:

I use Razac perfect for perms and it yhas mineral olin in it. Makes my hair soft and shiny! Dont dont see what the big deal with avoiding mineral oil. its in most of our fav conditoners too

I am pretty sure that the keracare cream has mineral oil in it and there are some members that use that one.

I don't think there is anythign worng with a little mineral oil. I think there are times, when something with a mineral oil base will not really give you the deep moisture you may need, but other than that never see a problem with it.

My favorites don't have mineral oil in them, but If I found something I like with mineral oil and IT WORKED, I would have no problem using it.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Before I had ever heard anything negative about mineral oil, all of my moisturizers contained it and I never had any problems. I used ORS olive oil in the jar yesterday and I put BB oil moisturizer on today, just for comparasion, and my hair feels oh so soft.

I am interested in knowing who uses a moisturizer with mineral oil and their hair is thriving. Could you also list the name of the moisturizer?

I have been trying to avoid mineral oil because of all the things that I have heard about it, but I tried ORS Olive Oil in the jar yesterday and so far so good. I also have BB Oil Moisturizer and Elasta QP recovery oil moisturizer stashed away. Does anyone use those?

I was using S-Curl followed by an oil as a sealant, but I don't like the way it's feeling on my hair lately. I need help finding a moisturizing moisturizer!

I do not like mineral or petrolatum based styling products. I instantly see and feel a difference in my hair when I use that crap. I can only use Carols Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. Nothing else. There's no mineral/petrolatum or glycerine. Product absorbs in my hair, leaves it soft, moisturized and sheeny. I don't like the scent, but I deal with it.

I'm going to purchase a product called bioInfusion Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion from Walgreens today. I heard about it on Afrobella and the reviews on the Walgreens site seem to be very good, so it can't hurt: http://tinyurl.com/6nkvtw

Contains none of the ingredients I don't like, so I'm willing to give it a shot for $8.00.

ETA: For the record, I'm natural. I have noticed that relaxed/texturized heads can use products with these ingredients and not get the same effects like a natural would.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that the keracare cream has mineral oil in it and there are some members that use that one.

I don't think there is anythign worng with a little mineral oil. I think there are times, when something with a mineral oil base will not really give you the deep moisture you may need, but other than that never see a problem with it.

My favorites don't have mineral oil in them, but If I found something I like with mineral oil and IT WORKED, I would have no problem using it.

I used to use the Keracare cream and I really loved it...Now I am using a mix of Carrot oil and shea butter, I may go back to the Keracare after that, we'll see :)

I use humectress as a daily moisturizer and I seal w/coconut oil. I absolutely love humectress. No issues whatsoever. I get moisturized shiny hair everytime. It makes my braidout look really prety IMO.

I do not like mineral or petrolatum based styling products. I instantly see and feel a difference in my hair when I use that crap. I can only use Carols Daughter Healthy Hair Butter. Nothing else. There's no mineral/petrolatum or glycerine. Product absorbs in my hair, leaves it soft, moisturized and sheeny. I don't like the scent, but I deal with it.

I'm going to purchase a product called bioInfusion Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion from Walgreens today. I heard about it on Afrobella and the reviews on the Walgreens site seem to be very good, so it can't hurt: http://tinyurl.com/6nkvtw

Contains none of the ingredients I don't like, so I'm willing to give it a shot for $8.00.

ETA: For the record, I'm natural. I have noticed that relaxed/texturized heads can use products with these ingredients and not get the same effects like a natural would.

I stopped using Carol's Daughter "Marguerite's Magic" because it developed a very nasty black fungus in the jar. I took it back and got a credit. At least her products are very natural but fI just couldn't deal with 17 bucks for something that molded on me.

i use Elasta Qp Oil Recovery Moisturizers --> works wonders&&leave my hair extra silky...Before that i used Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 but i just saw that my bottle had protein in it so i dont us it as often.

Hooty Hoo!!

I use a couple – Relaxed and Natural Daily Cream Oil Moisturizer or ORS Olive Oil

For years I was using lusters pink oil moisturizer which worked really well for me up until about 3 weeks ago when I switched to soft n free oil moisturizer which is mineral oil free, I wanted to see how different the moisture retention would be. Its working well so far but I cannot for sure say that my hair is anymore moisturised using the soft and free
If it ain't broke, guess it doesn't need to be fixed

Back