Who thinks Wild Growth Oil is worth it?-

soslychic

How many people have had such FANTASTIC results with wild growth oil that they are willing to deal with the smell?

The nutty smell of this oil doesn't bother me; but I love the way it softens my hair, and a little goes a long way!
love.gif

Thanks. I've heard that both coconut oil and wild growth oil can soften new growth. Which do you think would be cheaper in the long run?

I actually have both, but because of convenience, I usually grab the wild growth oil. Probably the coconut oil would be cheaper in the long run....I think it's close though! I think the WGO lasts longer, but the cocunut oil is a few dollars cheaper. Wish I could be of more help!
T

No, that's all the information I needed. Thanks so much! I think I'll go with WGO first and switch up later if I don't like it.

PERSONALLY, I don't think WGO is worth it. I like coconut oil a lot better, and for me, the results are better.

The WGO is good. I have been using it since October 2002 and love it. I have the same bottle too, so a little does go very far. This past wash, I am at 4 weeks post-relaxer and usually have a hard time with new growth. But after I washed and conditioned, I applied a good amount of WGO to both my roots and hair after I saturated with setting lotion.

The effect was great and this is the second time I have done this. My set came out really soft and so is my new growth. But just to be on the safe side, once your new growth gets noticeable, avoid wrapping to cut down on the shedding.

Hope this helps

It's one of the basic parts of my regime, I just use other oils, or sprays that lighten the smell, and really it never bothered me much. For me it's worth it.

i like WGO and will always keep it in my stash. I thin its one of the best products out there!!! I haven't really usede it in a while but next trip to the BSS and i'll be picking some up

I really like WGO too. It works beautifully on damp hair, especially for overall conditioning and detangling. For me, the smell seemed to evaporate pretty quickly when used on damp hair. Also, a little goes a long way, so be sure not to overdo it.

I think it is worth it. This is what I started out using and putting my hair in bun. That's how I grew out the nape of my neck to 3 inches.

I use this on my daughter's hair. Her hair type is 2C/3B & C... I know it sounds crazy but she has those three hair types. It works wonders on her hair!

Funny....I never found the smell to be that big of a deal...I mean it smells medicinal but not stinky like other folks say...I LOVE this on my new growth...I put a few drops on at night, put Headdress mixed with essential oils on the rest of my hair, tie it down in a loose pigtail, and in the AM, my roots are soft with barely a wave pattern! I cant wait to try this with the coconut oil thats on its way to me....

Back