Who Said Kerry Flip-flops?!!!

ubavka123

Well, I flip-flopped, too. I had my hair professionally relaxed today. I was trying to transition to a texturizer, but my roots were sooooo thick, what with 2 inches of texturized hair and an inch of new growth, plus the straight ends--I was going crazy! I couldn't comb my hair. I couldn't put combs in for up-dos, and I was seeing breakage--more than I would have liked! I started to feel down about my hair. /images/graemlins/cry3.gif So after thinking it over, I went to have my hair relaxed again, not bone straight, but not texturized either. I am starting to think that I was seriously underprocessed last time, plus it was with that Fiberguard relaxer! My hair was as dry as the Sahara at the roots if it wasn't blowdried--and I never blowdry my hair since LHCF. I also started to get KNOTS (grrrr!!!) /images/graemlins/swearing.gif at the demarcation line!!! Long story short, I couldn't work with THREE textures (two was hard enough for me--kudos to those who can!), so I had it fixed. I wanted to do it myself, but I was too scared to mess it up further. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice about moving to a texturizer, but for now, I am going to see how I progress further with my hair this way.

Sidebar: I wish I had switched to regular Affirm years ago! My hair has so much body, even with the roots straighter than they were when I was texturized/underprocessed. Also, my hair is so much thicker than it was when I first joined the board. Thanks for listening and thanks for all the advice over the months since I have been here. My hair is thriving and I can honestly say that I could not have done it w/out you all!!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm glad that you're happy with the results. So how are you wearing your hair now? Did you end up losing length because of the knots, or were you able to keep some length?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad that you're happy with the results. So how are you wearing your hair now? Did you end up losing length because of the knots, or were you able to keep some length?

[/ QUOTE ]

Luckily, I did not lose any length!!!! I gained a little (got a very light trim, once again, thanks to LHCF!), I am sure, but my ends are bumped with a flatiron, so I cannot see how much at the moment. I just noticed the knots late last week and there were just a few, but I did not want to see any more! My hair is down now, and of course, will be back in the up-dos tomorrow or the day after. I wear my hair up 99% of the time! Thanks for asking! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back