who rollersets 2x's or more weekly

blackberry815

What is your hair type, strand thickness, current length and how often do u roller set your hair? Have you experienced any adverse reactions from the manipulation of setting this often?

Thanks ladies!

Last edited:
Hair type: 4a?

Current Length: NL

How often do I rollerset: Twice weekly plus (Once with heat, the rest without)

No adverse effects, makes my hair appear fuller/bouncy and helps to stretch the roots (6 weeks post :spinning:). I use flexi rods mostly and my hair is relaxed.

Im going to try doing that for the summer. Im going to try this for a month.
I think its ok it if you dont roll too tight and you don't use a hooded dryer for every set.

BTW I have fine strands, APL, 4a/b, Relaxed

When I was relaxed, I roller set 99% of the time. Sometimes twice a week depending on how bad my workout messed up my hair. I had no issues. I don't know all of those specifics about my hair. I just used a leave in and serum to rollerset. I wore my hair in curly styles like pictured for even less manipulation (no brushing or wrapping to smooth). I maintained my hair at night with pin curls.
curlscrop-vi.jpg

pincurls2-vi.jpg

(These are from 2009.)
More pics in my Fotki's relaxed hair album. http://public.fotki.com/ECheezy/relaxed-hair/

Last edited:
I wash and rollerset and airdry overnight. I mostly do this as an ongoing regimen, but not so much for a style. It gives a lightfree feeling to my hair; almost blow-dried feeling. If I was wearing my hair to an event and needed my hair "done" I'd probably style day-old hair which has a bit more "stiffness" to it. Even so, I would still dry rollerset my hair (like I used to do).

When I was relaxed, I roller set 99% of the time. Sometimes twice a week depending on how bad my workout messed up my hair. I had no issues. I don't know all of those specifics about my hair. I just used a leave in and serum to rollerset. I wore my hair in curly styles like pictured for even less manipulation (no brushing or wrapping to smooth). I maintained my hair at night with pin curls.
curlscrop-vi.jpg

pincurls2-vi.jpg

(These are from 2009.)
More pics in my Fotki's relaxed hair album. http://public.fotki.com/ECheezy/relaxed-hair/

That is some beautiful hair!

I wash and rollerset and airdry overnight. I mostly do this as an ongoing regimen, but not so much for a style. It gives a lightfree feeling to my hair; almost blow-dried feeling. If I was wearing my hair to an event and needed my hair "done" I'd probably style day-old hair which has a bit more "stiffness" to it. Even so, I would still dry rollerset my hair (like I used to do).

Are u rollersetting every night?

I rollerset at least 2x a week. I don't know my hair type, but I'm relaxed. I use a leave in conditioner and a ceramide oil mixture, then dry my hair on low for about 30 min. I let it airdry the rest of the way overnight.

I'm just past SL right now, and I haven't seen any negative side effects. HTH

I rollerset at least 2x a week. I don't know my hair type, but I'm relaxed. I use a leave in conditioner and a ceramide oil mixture, then dry my hair on low for about 30 min. I let it airdry the rest of the way overnight.

I'm just past SL right now, and I haven't seen any negative side effects. HTH

Thanks! Have u been doing this for a long time? Also ladies do u find that washing more often helps u stretch better?

Hair type: I honestly don't know. 3a, 4a, 4b together.
Thickness of strands: Medium to Coarse
Roller set: I try to aim for twice a week. Sometimes when I am lazy, I just do a braidout with small rollers on the ends.
Comments: I only have adverse reactions when I don't roller set :lol: It keeps my cuticle down, keeps my hair soft and shiny... not to mention, I can use my daughter... my salon hair dryer.

I like to massage my hair/scalp with oil before washing. I believe this massaging stimulates hair growth. I love setting my hair.

What is your hair type, strand thickness, current length and how often do u roller set your hair? Have you experienced any adverse reactions from the manipulation of setting this often?

Thanks ladies!

I did rollerset two times a week last week. My results were that my hair was overmoisturized and mushy... I think that maybe I can't deep condition for both washes. but overall my hair seemed healthier from washing it twice. It never got a chance to get too dirty and weighed down. I would've done it again this week except I didn't have much time. Thanks ladies for ur help.

Back