Who Relaxes Every 6 WEEKS?

Wow, you guys make me feel really good right now with my 16-week telax stretch. *pats self on the back* My last relaxer was in beginning to mid August...way to go CC.:grin:

wow that's a lot weldone:yep:

being natural my whole life i'm not sure what 6 weeks of growth looks like it's all just fuzz that has to grow a lot of inches for me to notice,
you ladies that relax every 6 weeks how much growth are you getting in that 6 weeks? do you ever overlap cause i can't really imagine getting more than 1/2 inch (well some do) and your suppose to not let the relaxer get on your scalp and with the growth i'm thinking folks can get in 6 weeks doesn't it get on your scalp? do you ever get burned trying to relax?
i'm just full of questions today:grin:

wow that's a lot weldone:yep:

being natural my whole life i'm not sure what 6 weeks of growth looks like it's all just fuzz that has to grow a lot of inches for me to notice,
you ladies that relax every 6 weeks how much growth are you getting in that 6 weeks? do you ever overlap cause i can't really imagine getting more than 1/2 inch (well some do) and your suppose to not let the relaxer get on your scalp and with the growth i'm thinking folks can get in 6 weeks doesn't it get on your scalp? do you ever get burned trying to relax?
i'm just full of questions today:grin:

i dont burn but i add oil to my relaxer. i have enough new growth where i can tell wlhere it ends.

i do think its evil though, cause when its time to get a relaxer or i plan to relax soon, my head starts itching like crazy

I used to a very long time ago but it was for a short while. Now i can stretch up to 26wks. I'm currently 18wks post and i have minimal breakage. I'll be relaxing next week if all goes well and it'll be my third and final relaxer for the year.

I used to stretch 12-16 weeks and got lots of breakage to show for it. Air drying was part of the problem. Now I go 8-10 weeks and no longer. My hair is happier.

So, I was thinking yesterday how really it's this bimonthly washing that doesn't make my hair user-friendly. After a fresh wash, I'm good (newgrowh and all). But it's something about that 2nd week that has me barely making it.

So, I've decided to just go get my hair washed weekly and do 8week retouches :up: So that's what's up :grinwink: I'll be getting a regular wash-and-set for this visit.

I think when you first start out on LHCF its hard to stretch. You are still learning a lot about hair in general. When I first got here, 8 weeks seemed like PURE INSANITY. Now that I've been here a few months I know what works for my hair when I have a lot of new growth - more frequent conditioning, coconut oil morning /night, a snug rollerset and learning a few new "lay-that-hairline-down" tricks. I can now get to 11-12 weeks pretty easily. I want to be a 16 week girl one day, lol.

Before LHCF, 2 weeks post relaxer that little crinkle would have me feeling like RELAX NOW! RELAX NOW! But now, I laugh at new growth...acutally welcome it, because I know my hair will be THAT much longer when I do relax.

:lachen: Exactly!
The thing is, I usually do about 8weeks...sometimes longer. But I'm starting to think that I should get them a bit sooner. And it's the crown of my head more than anything. I think I'm gonna go ahead and do the 6weeks ya'll :look:*dodging stones*

I know what you mean. My crown is always the thickest at 6wks.

Every one's hair is different. Do what works for you. We all 'don't' have to stretch. :nono:

i try to go 8 weeks, but my usual time frame is from every 6-8 weeks. I've tried longer and I just can't do it with the new growth. I may try to start stretching the relaxers out again now that I've been taking better care of my hair for a few years now and the new growth isn't as unmanageable as it used to be. But the lesson I learned is that you gotta go with your gut in terms of how you manage your hair. Not everyone can go 8weeks, 12 weeks, 16weeks+

Yup:yep:! Totally agree. I have been trying to keep my stretches at 11-12 weeks but my hair has been growing in faster so I have to relax closer to 7-8 weeks instead now, if i don't, I lose a lot of hair in the comb:nono:. This causes me to defeat the whole purpose of this hair journey of mine - and that is to GROW HAIR!!!

Just FYI:

I tried to pull out another week. This is week 7....I'll be getting that relaxer tomorrow and my next relaxer will be in 6 weeks.

Back