Who is still Crunk for Castor Oil?

Cleve_gryl said:
Is castor a heavier oil? I would love to try it, but if its going to weigh me down, then I'll pass...heavier than EVOO?

Castor oil is very thick and sticky. I guess it's heavier than EVOO.

I love castor oil, it's one of my "fab faves", along with coconut and olive. I just put in a shipment for avocado oil from FNWL, so I can't wait until that gets in.

I add Castor Oil to conditioners that don't have enough slip on their own. I just buy the brown bottle from Walmart and that little bit lasts a long time. It keeps my hair shiny and moist, and like you said, it works better for me when applied to damp hair.

Cleve_gryl said:
Is castor a heavier oil? I would love to try it, but if its going to weigh me down, then I'll pass...heavier than EVOO?
TO ME CASTOR OIL HAS A MORE STICKY LIKE CONSISTENTCY, AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. YOUR HAIR WILL BE WEIGHED DOWN ONLY IF YOU USE ALOT OF IT, WHICH I BELIEVE WOULD BE THE SAME CASE WITH EVOO. ONCE YOU USE ALOT OF IT YOUR HAIR WILL BE WEIGHED DOWN.
BUT CASTOR OIL IS GREAT, BLACK CASTOR OIL I SHOULD SAY, BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE OTHER TYPE CASTOR OIL. BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ITS GOOD, I'VE HAD NO REGRETS SINCE INVESTING IN THIS PRODUCT. NOTHING BUT GOOD RESULTS.
HTH:)

darkempress said:
TO ME CASTOR OIL HAS A MORE STICKY LIKE CONSISTENTCY, AND A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. YOUR HAIR WILL BE WEIGHED DOWN ONLY IF YOU USE ALOT OF IT, WHICH I BELIEVE WOULD BE THE SAME CASE WITH EVOO. ONCE YOU USE ALOT OF IT YOUR HAIR WILL BE WEIGHED DOWN.
BUT CASTOR OIL IS GREAT, BLACK CASTOR OIL I SHOULD SAY, BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ANY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH THE OTHER TYPE CASTOR OIL. BUT TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ITS GOOD, I'VE HAD NO REGRETS SINCE INVESTING IN THIS PRODUCT. NOTHING BUT GOOD RESULTS.
HTH:)

Totally off topic and a thread hijack, but Darkempress...you and your skin are beautiful! I wish I could take a pic without looking washed out and you're just glowing and look so radiant...

I'm green with envy. LOL!

gloomgeisha said:
Totally off topic and a thread hijack, but Darkempress...you and your skin are beautiful! I wish I could take a pic without looking washed out and you're just glowing and look so radiant...

I'm green with envy. LOL!
AWWW, THANKS GLOOMGEISHA, THIS PIC WAS MY VERY AMATUER ATTEMPT TO USE MAKEUP. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET ON POINT THESE DAYS WITH MY MAKEUP:blush::)

AlexB7 said:
Castor oil is very thick and sticky. I guess it's heavier than EVOO.

I read in another thread that it's heavy at first but once it soaks in it's much lighter and non greasy...is this true?

Chayil

I still love castor oil. :look: But I am out now and I don't know where to get jamacian castor oil since I moved to the panhandle.

chayil0427 said:
I read in another thread that it's heavy at first but once it soaks in it's much lighter and non greasy...is this true?

Chayil

This has been my experience. I usually let it sit for about 15-20 mins before trying to handle my hair. After that time period my hair is soooo soft. Not sticky

I love castor oil. I use it in my pre-poos. I use cold pressed unrefined castor oil. I got it from the health food store. I can't say I have noticed any thickness but it does help with moisture. It make my hair soft, shiny, and moisturized.
I want to try JBCO. I have heard so many good things about it. I am planning to purchase some once I finish my current bottle.

chayil0427 said:

Chayil

Hey!

This is true for me too. Only thing is, I put it on my hairline (straight on the front and as a sealant for S-curl on my "kitchen") and my ends at night. When I get up in the morning it's soft and ready to go! It's really helped me with growing out my edges. After two months I can really see a big difference. My kitchen area was always dry during the winter months nomatter what I did..... so I spritz with s-curl then add a light dallop of the black castor oil (only at night though... and on occassion when it's dryer than I'd like.) Now it's catching up with the rest of my hair and it doesn't look so short and unkempt when I wear updo's. I also add just a teeny bit when I wear buns or baggy my ends. :)

I used to think I had to buy the JBCO or cold-pressed castor oil but the Humco, from WalMart, works just fine for me. I use this on my kitchens. I have been more consistent with it because I have a problem in the nape area, on the left side. It will grow to a certain point and then, break off! all the way down to the scalp! This leaves beedeebee's! Well, since I've been more consistent with using it, that area is hardly ever dry and it's groing!

Incidentally, female-pattern-baldness runs in my family. I started using castor oil on my aunt's hair every other night, for five months. You cannot tell where her bald spot was. That's the power of castor oil, baby (Think of the lady on the Pine-Sol commercial)!

Loving it still. Mix it with other oil for pre poo, and seal ends. Get it from sams24-7.com, he is very fast on the shipping.:)

I LUV that Jamaican BCO..it has really thickened up my daughters hair...I haven't been using it on mine because it felt soooo sticky but I realize I've been using it on my dry hair:ohwell: ..I've gotta try it on wet hair...I tried to order some last week from www.sams247.com but they were sold out....:(

Yummy....I love Castor Oil...it is my #1 Staple Product...

I use Castor Oil diluted with Jojoba Oil and infused with rosemary and pepperment oil.....:yep: Its wonderful for my hair and scalp.

I want to try JBCO one day...but I gotta get rid of the rest of my products first..

I'm CRUNKEDY, crunk, crunk (LOL) for JBCO. Actually, I started using castor oil from the laxative section of the grocery store first. I love the way it made my hair feel. Later, I ordered JBCO from sams247.com and I love that as well. JBCO is MUCH thicker than the castor oil from the grocery store. I have been using it for about 4 months now and it seems like my hair has gotten even thicker. My hair loves it so I plan on keeping it as a staple item.

LuvLiLocks said:
I still love castor oil. :look: But I am out now and I don't know where to get jamacian castor oil since I moved to the panhandle.

Someone recommended this site for me www.sams247.com. I'm gonna try the cold pressed from whole foods and see what it do.

Chayil

Lovin is still....have been using it for years...I tried the JBCO and I liked it but I will stick with the $1.39, 4oz bottle from the grocery store...and if I can't get it there...Wal-mart has it for $2.76 for 6 ounces, so I am good to go. I love it after a conditioner wash to smooth my hair down into my pocohontas plaits. :)

dona_flor said:
I'm loving my castor oil :love: . I buy it in bulk at FNWL (plain, clear pale pressed) It's only $7.00 for a 32 oz bottle. If that's not value for your money, I don't know what is :D! I add pure rosemary, lavender, sage & ylang ylang essential oils to it. I really like how soft and moist it makes my hair without making it greasy. It's great for my scalp too, especially with the EOs added. (It smells yummy too :lick:.)

Same here! I order mine from FNWL by the gallon!!! LOVE that stuff...I use it in everything!!!!!

It works great on my ends. While I dearly love my other oils, nothing beats regular ol' drugstore CO for sealing my ends. It really helps keep them smooth and more moist than any other oil.

OT Micarae: I just knooooooooooow that doesn't say you cut 6 inches of waist length hair back to bra strap. :spank: As hard as a sista is trying to maintain 6 inches of growth for APL. I just can't take it...I'm gonna faint LOL. :lol:

Chayil

Recent convert to the black laxative. I decided to try regular clear castor oil as so many here use it and are happy with it. Surprise...!!! I went to CVS and it is selling a small bottle for almost $5.00!! A dollar or so more for the black so I'll stay with that until I find the clear at a reasonable cost then mix the two!

Back