Who is not protien sensitive?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I see so many people are protein sensitive but where are the people who aren't?

protein treatments only leave my hair soft and strong feeling. the only one i felt was drying was the hard core aphogee. infusium 23 (the new one, not the onld one)makes my hair so soft. i use it ALL the time.

I'm thinking of adding a protein treatment weekly because my hair feels weak. ive also stopped taking supplements and while my NG is less coarse feeling it doesn feel the way it use to. Im going back to my vits soon!

My hair seems to handle most protein well. I have had problems with certain products like Giovanni's direct leave in and also Eqyss' Avocado Mist. They make my hair dull/dusty looking. But so far I never had any breakage from protein. I really liked Aveda's damage remedy but it was a little too expensive. I have been using egg with a moisturizing conditioner or Redken's Anti-Snap with my leave-in and so far so good. Mega-Tek is a good protein conditioner as well.

What (protein) products are you using?

Definitely not me. I love and need my protein.

TBH I think that a lot of people try one or 2 protein products with negative results and so then assume that ALL protein is bad.

I'm not. I was using Mega-Tek as my daily leave-in and my hair thrived from it. Gotta buy some more...lots more.

Definitely not me. I love and need my protein.

TBH I think that a lot of people try one or 2 protein products with negative results and so then assume that ALL protein is bad.
I agree. I believe a lot of people try a couple and then decide they just don't like protein.

People often don't say their hair simply does not like moisture if one or two products that are supposed to be drying do not deliver good results.

Then again, a lot of people do try a number of protein products as well, and I am sure some hair just doesn't need it.

I've found that my hair does not agree with a single protein product I've tried... meaning protein products and conditioners packaged and sold.

My hair only likes eggs. I generally never get breakage because of it. I had my first bit of breakage in forever during October because I got my hair darkened to cover the highlights at the beginning of the month. My hair really likes protein.

I don't think I'm protein sensitive. As a matter of fact, I think protein is the thing my hair has been craving for a long time. Too bad I'm just learning how important it is!

I am a protein whore. :look: Mushy hair is my nightmare. Industrial-strength hair is my dream.

I have baby fine hair that coils up tight in its natural state. Delicate. Easy to break, easy to damage. Never dry.

I use Joico K-pak shampoo and conditioner every wash. My fave dc product [right now] is PM Hair Repair b/c of the protein and moisture both mixed in.

I agree that a lot of issues that people have with protein is that they are either misusing it (wrong strength for their needs), abusing it, or they just aren't properly balancing it with the appropriate supplemental moisture. Also, sometimes dryness is perpetuated b/c the protein levels are never properly restored...

not protein sensitive!

eggs and SAA are my mainstays. i guess henna counts, i liked it too but it's a bit too time-consuming for my taste :lol:

I'm not.

My hair absolutely thrives off of regular protein use.

I think that some people forget that there are different types and strengths of proteins though, which can be a problem.

I'm not protein sensitive at all.

However, I've found that my hair can take it or leave it. I haven't used a protein treatment for about 2 months and my hair is the same as it was before.

i like protein but i rather it be my shampoo and leave in rather my deep conditioner.
i loooooooooooooooooove aphogee shampoo and hydratherma naturals protein balance leave in. i regularly use aphogee 2 minute conditioner too and i love that. i also love UBH deep conditioner but i tend to stay away from hard core protein treatments. i like reconstructors that are 2-3 minutes because those usually have moisturizing properties as well.
my fave protein products are;
aphogee shampoo
aphogee 2 minute conditioner
aveda damage remedy shampoo
aussie 3 minute reconstructor
UBH deep conditioner
aphogee pro vitamine leave in spray
hydratherm naturals protein balance leave in
UAN'S crema plus

if its hard core i dont want it.

Back