WHO HAS TRIED PROFECTIV RELAXER WITH COLOUR

Nanyanika

Hello ladies, i need some help. I haven't relaxed since April this year and now i'm ready for a touch-up, i was thinking of switching from Elasta QP to another relaxer but i also want to colour safely, i saw profectiv relaxer with colour in my local bss and i was interested in how it would work for my hair, has anyone tried this? if yes what is your opinion. thanks in advance.

I tried it and did not like it.

But, I think that is just because I am such a creature of habit. I had a problem with that fact that the neutralizing shampoo is the actual color.

I like having color indicator suds with my relaxer rinsing.

The process just did not satisfy me mentally, but that's just me.

KB, if I remember correctly, you had someone do it for you, right? I think that would have been a good idea for me to do. I just could not get down with it on my own.

I've used it. Unlike the regular profectiv relaxer (which I use all the time), I noticed that when rinsing out the color mousse, my hair felt different than it normally does. Sort of like how other rinses make the hair feel... a little hard at first until a conditioner is applied. The color results are intense, but they wore off very quickly for me because I wash kinda frequently. Same for my mom.

I liked it when I used it. I bought the Mahogany Brown color. It had quite a few steps but my stylist said she liked using it anyway.

Back