Who does Braid outs???

Kamilla16

Well I did my first braid out two nights ago and it was a mess! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif It was probably because I only did 4 braids /images/graemlins/naughty.gif !! When you do a Braid out or Twist out how many braids do you have??? Do you cornrow or have single plaits???

Help my out! I am so confused. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Karima

Well, I do twist-outs, and I love 'em!! In fact, I did one just last night.

I put a total of about 12 twists (6 on each side).

What did you put in your hair before you braided it??

Last night I used some WonderGro Oil Spray, then I put some Kiehls Creme de la Creme (a sample I had gotten). It came out nice and soft. I've also used other products, and it has come out good with those as well!! I think the first time I did it I just used the oil and my usual Vitapointe cream hairdress.

You have to kind of experiment with what products you use, and the number of twists/braids you put in. I think activator would work well, too!

Keep trying; I think this can't be beat for a good, no-heat style!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I first learned about the braid out, I tried the individual braids and also had the same problem but found that doing the French Braid Out gave me the look I was looking for. I always do six to eight french braids. I would french braid my hair going all the way back (in the same direction of a bun) and roll the ends with perm rods.

Kamilla,
I'm curious, what kind of mess did you end up with?
I do the braid outs most of the time, and they seem to work no matter what kind of products I use, and most of the time I get lazy and only do two or four braids.

<font color="brown">I wore Braid-outs and Twist-outs all last summer. Like Hairfanatic, I used about 8 cornrowed braids (going back like Eve used to wear). I tried the individual braids, but I like the cornrows better.

Angela </font> /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry for my ignorance, but just wondering,
Is this style outcome similar to what you get with a straw set, except it is more wavy? and are twist/braid outs something that people with relaxed hair can do as well?

<font color="purple">I've tried doing twist outs but ended up with a tangles and breaking hair, I can do cornrows and twists as long as they aren't flat twists but left hanging loose, with the flat twists I can't even finish one without it being really messy. Are there any special tips for doing a flat twist? </font>

I do them sometimes and I love the look. I do about six cornrows(or french braids) going in a vertical direction from the top of my head. Sometimes a put a roller on the ends to protect and give them bend. My onlly problem has been that when I go to rinse it out I lose more strands than when I'm straight.

I do about six or seven individual twists with rollers on the ends and it comes out similar to a straw set but with waves instead of curls.

After shampooing, I dab a little Elasta QP Mango Butter on each section and twist tightly. The mango butter makes it come out shiny and soft. In fact, this is the only use I've found for the mango butter!

I love twist-outs but this is definitely a style that you have to experiment and practice with to see what work for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Is this style outcome similar to what you get with a straw set, except it is more wavy? and are twist/braid outs something that people with relaxed hair can do as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this too

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering this too

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaking, I believe a "straw set" has spiral type curls. When I do a "corn row braid out", I get crimpy type waves. When I do my "flat twist out", I get nice loose waves. The only curl I get with both the braid &amp; twist outs are on the ends.. I roll the ends with oiled sponge rollers (&amp; end paper) which helps to give a "polished" look to the style.

And yes, relaxed head can do braid &amp; twist outs
trampoline.gif

Back