Who does ALL haircare themself?

I take care of all aspects of my haircare journey, from washing, conditioning, styling, to trims and touch ups. I have recently taken the plunge into the world of henna too. I have never had a stylist who took the time to give my hair the TLC it deserves. I just got tired of stretching my relaxers for months only to pay a stylist to rip through the new growth I had so lovlingly nurtured and then relax my hair within an inch of its life until it was a lifeless black puddle on my head. No more, never again. :nono:

KittenLongPaw said:
I trim/cut my own hair and henna it myself too. I like being in control of how much I cut and I do a WAY better job of cutting than I ever got at a salon. I don't think that stylists are trained to deal with anything but straight/wavy hair, so when you come in with something else, they proceed to cut it as if it were straight... My hair is curlier in some areas than others, so I need a cut that takes that into consideration, or else I end up with uneven looking hair and a "tail" hanging down in the back where my hair is less curly. I've saved so much money (and frustration) doing this too (plus I get to sit around not only in my underwear, but naked!) hehe

Your hair is so beautiful!!! You are obviously doing a great job caring for your own hair!

I used to do it ALL until I jacked my own hair up trying to trim it. So now I do everything but trim. It's terrible when you JACK your own self up.:mad: Thankfully I was blessed to be referred to someone who actually does a good job of trimming and not CUTTING my hair. Didn't think that was possible. ;)

I do everything myself. My reasons are similar to the others, to save money, and put my hair into the hands of the person that will give it the most care...ME.

I hold on to the theory that a good percentage of stylists are not very driven, misinformed, and in the business for the wrong reasons.

i do everything myself, even trimming

i'd like to get a professional cut, but its too expensive and I dont know who to trust.

hair care is easier for me because i have a huge bathroom cabinet w/ 3 mirrors as doors. i angle the right and left mirror so I can see the back of my head.

Back