Who cuts your hair??

Neith

I'll admit it... I'm going to need a haircut within the next 6 months.

My hair is growing into a MULLET :lachen:

Right now the back is slowly going down my back and the front isn't quite shoulder length. :whyme:

It'll just get worse as my hair grows. I don't want the back to be apl while the rest of my hair is shoulder length!

The THOUGHT of going to a stylist gives me intense anxiety. I haven't been to one in years. Just the thought of someone up in my head makes me queasy :nono: No joke!

Plus... I WILL get violent over my hair :lol: I'm sorry, but I TRULY would knock a ***** out for doing something stupid to my hair. :catfight:

I can see it now... :nono:

My bf refuses to touch my hair. Can't really blame the man, lol. I don't trust anyone else enough to not sabotage me.

Does anyone give themselves hair cuts and not just trims? Any tips, guides or tutorials?

Does anyone in the NYC area know of a stylist that isn't insanely priced that gives great hair cuts on highly textured hair?

Do you think that maybe that's just how your hair grows?

My hair grows in kinda weird (some sections grow in faster, etc). If I were to cut it, it would just grow back the exact same way because that's just what it does. Eventually after I hit past APL, I'll even it out a bit so most of my hair is APL instead of just sections.

Just a different perspective. :)

Do you think that maybe that's just how your hair grows?

My hair grows in kinda weird (some sections grow in faster, etc). If I were to cut it, it would just grow back the exact same way because that's just what it does. Eventually after I hit past APL, I'll even it out a bit so most of my hair is APL instead of just sections.

Just a different perspective. :)

I know my hair has to grow out of these horrible layers an it's going to take a while and grow in unevenly. I guess everyone who has BC'd has to go through this.

Even after cutting, it WILL probably be back to being mullety in a few months :lol: I still can't walk around with a mullet though.

LOL @ MULLETT.

I have the same problem. I'm trying to grow out these lays and I the front looks crazy.
My 'sometimes beautician' does my cuts. Although I aint' scared enough to do it myself.

Peep this:
How to do Self-trims
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=4438815&posted=1#post4438815
.....and this:
http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/

Thanks for posting!!

I do my own cutting. I learned how to do my own trims from this board and from there I cut and style my own hair. Just this past weekend I got week and really considered going into one of those shops that only cuts hair and just saying cut a style please. But I know I'm better off buying new scissors and doing it myself. I feel like if anyone is going to jack up my hair it's going to be me.

I'm going to hold off on cutting at all until my next texlax. I notice at the end of my texlaxer stretch I tend to get desparate about my hair.

I would suggest that you buy a Hair Style Book, (Black Hair) and follow the tutorial on how to get the look you want. I will be trimming a single layer into my hair the next time I cut. It'll give me more body and style. Style is what I'm after.

I hope this helps.

Back